• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Glorious sunshine in Liverpool at the moment. My plan was to get up early to make opening, if the weather declines as predicted I'll wait, lie in, and if the park/Wickerman opens travel later. But as it's so nice here and as the forecast is improving I'm becoming more hopeful.

All rides apart from CBeebies Land are closed tomorrow. This is coming from people who have bookings at Alton Towers Hotels.

Good job I'm off work Monday and Tuesday if they do not open for the weekend. Shame about the hotel I booked for tomorrow night though. Paid part cash and part clubcard points. Even if I can cancel, pretty sure I wouldn't get the clubcard points back. Let's all get flappy!

Well I'm going Monday, staying in BnB Monday night and having second day on park Tuesday so it's plenty early enough notice for me (selfish hat on)

<Takes selfish hat off> its an absolute joke how the park can't buy a bit of luck and I feel for everyone who was dead set on visiting this weekend.

Do you think we'll get loads of kids midweek (out of schools) if they do keep it closed all weekend? I hope not. Hahaha

Do Staff still get paid if they turn up to work and then the park closes?

Nope, I've been in that situation with Towers before back when the park closed due to high winds and bad weather. Couldn't get home, had to pay for a room out of my own pocket.

They should at least be allowed to payback the lost time on another day or take a days holiday. But also as it's not their fault then I think it's reasonable that they get paid if they turn up.

Another issue in Bad weather - If staff on low wages/zero/low hours contracts with little benefits wake up and see a bit of snow whats the chances that they will think it's more worthwhile staying in bed.
Times like these are when treating/paying staff properly get's returns in terms of loyalty.

If Towers can't guarantee the workforce will turn up then their could be issues.

It should be very quiet on Monday and Tuesday whatever happens, I reckon. Most people work Mon-Fri and wouldn't have booked the start of the week off. Bit late now. Mon-Tue are my normal days off. Had to use holiday to get Sat-Sun off. Most people are gonna be proper gutted if it doesn't open on the weekend.

It should be very quiet on Monday and Tuesday whatever happens, I reckon. Most people work Mon-Fri and wouldn't have booked the start of the week off. Bit late now. Mon-Tue are my normal days off. Had to use holiday to get Sat-Sun off. Most people are gonna be proper gutted if it doesn't open on the weekend.

Selfishly that would be ideal for me as those are the days I was always visiting. I have a hunch though that if they don't open it till Monday that lots of people will still try and visit before next weekend, regardless of work. National Sickie day for Wickerman. It's a real thing I tell you. ;)

If it's that important, perhaps Alton should get a Cessna, grab some Potassium Iodide and attempt to do some cloud seeding like the Chinese did back in their 2008 Olympics to prevent it from raining over their stadium :tearsofjoy:

Maybe I'm clutching at straws, but wouldn't Towers stop IMAScore posting about it if they were unsure it would open?

EDIT: Damn... beaten to it.