• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

The amount of graffiti in the queue line has increased tenfold today. I've been witness to grown adults writing on the fencing, and it's honestly quite pathetic. People are so unintelligent that they are writing their own Instagram handles, honestly how stupid can you get?
037ddb25663868946a0345306605a451.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They need to paint all the wood with thick black tar !
That’ll stop them
The wooden fences in the Nemesis and Air queue line were painted black years ago because of graffiti. It's a shame if they have to do that to Wicker Man though as it would detract from the natural wooden feel

The amount of graffiti in the queue line has increased tenfold today. I've been witness to grown adults writing on the fencing, and it's honestly quite pathetic. People are so unintelligent that they are writing their own Instagram handles, honestly how stupid can you get?

What did staff say when you presumably mentioned it?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Wicker Man was running today from about 5:30pm til at least 7:15pm on 2 trains. They also started only filling* the first 6 rows of each train. It ran reliably like that, but the queue was very slow moving. Can't say what ops were like earlier in the day. Why were the back 4 rows unused? "I dunno. Been told not to load the back half."

*With empty seats as the batching staff seemed incapable of joining odd groups. Even so far as a group of 3 in directly in front of me then me (a single rider).

In general, the ride was up and down like a yo-yo. Didn't spot the shoulder flames going off at all today.

On a positive note, great excessive amounts of fog all around (on top of the good overall ride/show experience)

I hope they track them down via the name and charge them removal costs

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

That's disgusting, if they wanted to leave a mark on the park in their name, they should have paid for a brick just like I did.

Not saying in anyway Graffiti is acceptable but a nice fast moving queue would stop people getting so bored they feel the need to get a pen out. But alas.

If you were to look up the name of this instagram user you'd just see it's a little girl. Not exactly much Towers can do about that :/

They could repaint the queue fences dark brown and apply a charred wood effect, like on the entrance! I suppose there isn't really much else to do in a 3 hour long queue other than graffiti, though.

Wicker Man was running today from about 5:30pm til at least 7:15pm on 2 trains. They also started only filling* the first 6 rows of each train. It ran reliably like that, but the queue was very slow moving. Can't say what ops were like earlier in the day. Why were the back 4 rows unused? "I dunno. Been told not to load the back half."

*With empty seats as the batching staff seemed incapable of joining odd groups. Even so far as a group of 3 in directly in front of me then me (a single rider).

In general, the ride was up and down like a yo-yo. Didn't spot the shoulder flames going off at all today.

On a positive note, great excessive amounts of fog all around (on top of the good overall ride/show experience)
Interesting. I'd love to know the problems with the ride.

Sounds like three trains is too much, and the weight of the train is causing an overspeed issue. So take out some weight and it goes slower and stops better. Is that right? I'm only guessing?

I have had to remove a few off topic posts from this thread. Can we please stick to Wicker Man rather than unnecessary ways to deal with a child who may or may not have written on a queue line fence (even if they are just jokes).

Thanks.

:)

I have never known a GCI that is so unreliable. I suspect this is going to be the first time and the last time (for a while at least) that GCI try implementing their new station parking system!

I have never known a GCI that is so unreliable. I suspect this is going to be the first time and the last time (for a while at least) that GCI try implementing their new station parking system!

What was wrong with the old system?

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.