• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

I guess either Towers or GCI, or both of them, wanted a more efficient system to help improve throughputs and better utilise 3 trains in operation.

:)
I see, that worked well then :p

My question is that why did it run flawlessly for hours on end for the media, but is an unreliable mess for average park guests?

My question is that why did it run flawlessly for hours on end for the media, but is an unreliable mess for average park guests?
The Walking Dead: The Ride has also suffered the same fate of downtime and that wasn’t even a new ride. Now been closed for third day in a row.

How many trains was it running on media day?

The Walking Dead: The Ride has also suffered the same fate of downtime and that wasn’t even a new ride. Now been closed for third day in a row.

That's to do with the effects, not the rollercoaster itself (according to the staff there Saturday).

Noooo!!! Just got to the very front of the queue and it broke down again!! Been given a priority pass for when it opens, but the staff say they’ve given loads out today- that queue will be longer than the normal one!

I think more people have priority passes for Wicker Man at the moment than don't, which just makes it even more of a disaster when it is open! Unsure as to when I will use mine from opening day, don't fancy an hour queue to use a priority pass.

I think more people have priority passes for Wicker Man at the moment than don't, which just makes it even more of a disaster when it is open! Unsure as to when I will use mine from opening day, don't fancy an hour queue to use a priority pass.

you dont have to use it on WM, go and ride Th13teen with it ! :p

Wicker Man running thousands times better today. Got to the point in the queue which took me 2 hours in half an hour.

Good to see!

Well if it is an issue with breaking/parking lets hope they don't ask the pleasure beach who they got to work on the grand national.

Glad you enjoyed it Jenemesis. The wait for various reasons is annoying, but they have definitely delivered a VERY good attraction when it's actually operational. I rode for the first time a couple of Weeks ago near the front. However, today I rode on the second to back row. I must say that it seemed to have much more of a kick closer to the rear (no jokes please). They desperately need to sort out whatever this issue is though which is forcing them to cease operation after 2-3 trains every so often. Where are the manufacturers? For their own good, Towers need to get this sorted. It's a shame that they're having these problems as the product is very strong when working.

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Absolutely gutted. Been following the construction of WM ever since the fulme was removed, and finally got to the park today. Arrived at the plaza shortly before 8 and was right at the front. Sat patiently for well over and hour, and when they finally let me in, I fell over and banged my head (quite hard) on the Coca Cola kiosk at the top of towers street. I didn't know where I was. I just sort of overbalanced and fell sideways into it. a member of staff walked me to medical and they kept me in there while everyone else ran to the WM queue. Then to make things worse they recommended I didn't go on any rides because I felt nauseous and I might have concussion.

Absolutely gutted, but am grateful to the alton towers staff because who know what might have happened if nobody had found me.

I did have a sneaky go on Duel, and WM looks incredible. Next time I'll will have to be more careful.

Glad you enjoyed it Jenemesis. The wait for various reasons is annoying, but they have definitely delivered a VERY good attraction when it's actually operational. I rode for the first time a couple of Weeks ago near the front. However, today I rode on the second to back row. I must say that it seemed to have much more of a kick closer to the rear (no jokes please). They desperately need to sort out whatever this issue is though which is forcing them to cease operation after 2-3 trains every so often. Where are the manufacturers? For their own good, Towers need to get this sorted. It's a shame that they're having these problems as the product is very strong when working.

We rode the back row too- was brilliant!

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Absolutely gutted. Been following the construction of WM ever since the fulme was removed, and finally got to the park today. Arrived at the plaza shortly before 8 and was right at the front. Sat patiently for well over and hour, and when they finally let me in, I fell over and banged my head (quite hard) on the Coca Cola kiosk at the top of towers street. I didn't know where I was. I just sort of overbalanced and fell sideways into it. a member of staff walked me to medical and they kept me in there while everyone else ran to the WM queue. Then to make things worse they recommended I didn't go on any rides because I felt nauseous and I might have concussion.

Absolutely gutted, but am grateful to the alton towers staff because who know what might have happened if nobody had found me.

I did have a sneaky go on Duel, and WM looks incredible. Next time I'll will have to be more careful.

Hope you're OK dude. Must have been a shock and a scare, to say the least. Good on the staff for looking after you. Respect to them. If anyone at Towers is reading and can corroborate this, give this guy something to make his next trip a lot better. That would be nice.

One staff member I talked to today was being very clear that it was an issue to do with the restraints causing most of the downtime, the station parking issues have been only a minor inconvenience.

When I was there on Wednesday, I was near the front of the queue in the station when the first breakdown happened. It did seem to be the restraints that was causing the issue. I also saw a member of staff open someones restraint by sticking a yellow metal pole like object under the train, then close it again before they got a thumbs up from the staff in the op cabin. It seems the system may not be registering that certain restraints are closed?

When I was there on Wednesday, I was near the front of the queue in the station when the first breakdown happened. It did seem to be the restraints that was causing the issue. I also saw a member of staff open someones restraint by sticking a yellow metal pole like object under the train, then close it again before they got a thumbs up from the staff in the op cabin. It seems the system may not be registering that certain restraints are closed?

Yeah same thing happened to us, the yellow thing is bent at the bottom with a slot in it and obviously there's a release catch under the train it connects with, they had hell of a trouble with us, took four attempts to get the front right restraint to register as locked.