• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

What's with the restraints on the ride? I saw at least 2 people have to be man handled into their seats before we got on. Then when we got back to the station we had to wait whilst they got a guy in and out of his seat and had multiple people push down on his restraint to get him on.

I wouldn't have considered any of these guys big by any standards and I've not seen a problem with any other GCI I've ridden.

Any ideas why there are so many problems and if body size is an issue why is there no test car outside the ride?

Edit:Just read a few pages back and seems like this has been discussed enough. Sorry, as you were!

They probably saw "identical" sensors on flebay from some weirdly named Chinese seller and thought that's a nice way to cut a few quid off the budget, and bought them, like they did with the new Galatica headsets, only to find "identical" doesn't have the same meaning in certain parts of China.

In the queue for WM. Testing at the moment.

Update: Still not open and not testing anymore. Conditions are fine too. Must be technical issues again. Arggggh this bloody ride.

Last edited:
What's with the restraints on the ride? I saw at least 2 people have to be man handled into their seats before we got on. Then when we got back to the station we had to wait whilst they got a guy in and out of his seat and had multiple people push down on his restraint to get him on.

I wouldn't have considered any of these guys big by any standards and I've not seen a problem with any other GCI I've ridden.

Any ideas why there are so many problems and if body size is an issue why is there no test car outside the ride?

Edit:Just read a few pages back and seems like this has been discussed enough. Sorry, as you were!

I am slightly large, as in tall and a couple of stone heavier than I'd like, but by no means massive, and didn't have an issue on Wickerman. Thirteen however. . . pinned down with staff member returning to me at least twice to crush me even more, whilst the queue watched on. Extremely uncomfortable ride, but (only marginally) better than giving up and doing the walk of shame :(

Hope so. I have been on it already however I've come today specifically for re-rides. It's a bit frustrating. They aren't having a lot of luck with it. Let's hope ICON doesn't follow suit.

In terms of re-rides, that's one hell of a workout going through that massive cattle pen time after time. Do they close off part of it for quicker access on quieter days or do you always have to walk through the entire thing?

I would imagine Icon wouldn't take so long to board for re-rides. That's what I loved about Wild Mouse on a quiet day. . . 30 seconds straight back round and on again!

Seems like pretty much half the time it's pointless turning up early in order to not queue too long for Wickerman, as it's usually pretty much not in operation for an hour or so when it's supposed to be open anyway (maybe one train gets around). Not really losing anything in waiting time by just rocking up at mid-day and joining the existing queue half of the time. They should just get the manufacturer back, and close it until they fix it or give them a refund. It's getting towards pathetic really.

Music now on. Looks like it's opening. Still an utter shambles though. So many people have left the line looking less than pleased.

They should just get the manufacturer back, and close it until they fix it or give them a refund. It's getting towards pathetic really.

I would hope they are still yet to fully pay them and have only paid the upfront costs rather than the entire lump sum.

On another note, it's beyond irritable when you see and hear people slagging the park off for the mishaps which are purely down to the manufacturer.

Ruining great though. Just about to get on for 2nd go. Queue says 30 mins but it's more like 10.

End of queue is viewing platform steps. No chance is it close to 30.

3rd coming up. Park is dead

Last edited:
I am slightly large, as in tall and a couple of stone heavier than I'd like, but by no means massive, and didn't have an issue on Wickerman. Thirteen however. . . pinned down with staff member returning to me at least twice to crush me even more, whilst the queue watched on. Extremely uncomfortable ride, but (only marginally) better than giving up and doing the walk of shame :(
But at least you didn't scream the whole way round...like Galactica.
For me...we did Mr Whicker twice, first time fine, second time...back seat pinned.
And I can vouch dippy isn't fat...just big boned with a slow metabolism, and what fat there is is simply puppy fat that I am sure he will grow out, in the end.

But at least you didn't scream the whole way round...like Galactica.
For me...we did Mr Whicker twice, first time fine, second time...back seat pinned.
And I can vouch dippy isn't fat...just big boned with a slow metabolism, and what fat there is is simply puppy fat that I am sure he will grow out, in the end.

None of the people I saw getting a people's elbow into their seat were carrying a bit of timber either. Although I was carrying fair bit myself at that point in the day and didn't struggle at all. The lack of consistency is weird, dimensions don't appear to be the issue. Hmm. Unless they all have thighs like Chris hoy.

Being pinned in Th13teen doesn't sound as fun as being pinned in to Nemesis dippy. I hope rob666 bought you a pint to help with the trauma!

Last edited: