Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig, 14th Mar 2018.

1. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Out of interest, how are people using this going to push their way back through the queue, past all the people that have not yet seen this sign?

imanautie likes this.
  2. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    For me the annoying thing here is that I kind of think it's a good idea to offer a 'break' from the queue (albeit I agree with others that a toilet break is more likely to be needed).

My issue with it is that this comes against a backdrop of obvious cost cutting (including staff members) and I have no faith in merlin to make it work effectively.

It'll be gone by summer

Robert.W likes this.
  3. Kraken27

Kraken27 TowersStreet Member

We used to do this unofficially on Nemesis back in the early 2000's. If "Area 2" was in use, i.e. enter the queue and turn left to go up the hill & round the back-area. If a guest returned to the back of the ride entrance & needed a call of nature we would let them leave & re-join the queue there, as long as ALL their party waited for them outside the queue, i.e. no queue-jumping by any of the party as they were letting others pass whilst someone visited the toilet.

Robert.W and imanautie like this.
  4. RussellH

RussellH TowersStreet Member

TT says "Part way through the queue, a host will let you out via a side gate where you will enter upon your return."

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  5. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Madness.

Madness, I say!

6. Benzin

Benzin TowersStreet Member

Back when I worked on Vampire and the like if anyone turned up at the merge point needing the loo I let them out Fastrack gate and they could come back that way...

Seems only fair in a way... Can't always expect everyone to survive a 45/60+ queue, especially kids... Though I've no idea if anyone else did the same...

RussellH, pj and DW_0505 like this.
  7. Katy

Katy TowersStreet Member

There's a difference between "leaving then rejoining the queue in the same place" depending on how you interpret it:

- Queued behind guy dressed as a clown*, leave queue then rejoin 45 minutes later near front of queue behind the same clown guy
    - Queued behind clown guy, leave the queue at the shop or wherever this point is, rejoin 45 minutes physically at the same point in the queue line (but 45 minutes worth of queueing behind the clown guy).

*Alternative non-clown-based novelty "person in front of me in the queue" available at Towers Trading

DiogoJ42, IanSR, RoyJess and 2 others like this.
  8. RussellH

RussellH TowersStreet Member

There was a lovely lady on the rapids who earlier this season at the station allowed two of us to leave and return back down the fast( t)rack line after we'd queued for about an hour. :)

Skyscraper and imanautie like this.
  9. Yalnix

Yalnix TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    It's the second one.

The way it works to clarify to everyone is that there is a ride host at a gate which is situated about 5 minutes away from the shop. This means if the queue is long, going into the extension queue line, you can leave at that point. You get given a 'Lunch Pass' and within 45 minutes you can come back to the same spot, as in back into the same gate you left.

Skyscraper, DW_0505 and RussellH like this.
  10. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Gotta love the lunch idea especially when they have closed the only decent place to eat that existed right next to Wickerman which was the Courtyard restaurant! The money they are loosing from guests exiting the queue to then spend the next 45 minutes trying to find somewhere to eat!

DiogoJ42 and DW_0505 like this.
  11. Ben

Ben TS Founding Member

Favourite Ride:
    Your Dad
    Just when you think towers has baffled you for a life time here they are encouraging breaking their own queue-jumping rules.

F-ing idiots.

b2311e, MattyH, NemeTime and 6 others like this.
  12. MaxPower

MaxPower TowersStreet Member

(Oxy)morons...

It seems you can do whatever you want as long as your spending your money.

If food sales are that poor, maybe they should review the prices and quality of the offering before implementing half baked ideas such as this.

Ben, imanautie, delta79 and 3 others like this.
  13. Stevie

Stevie TowersStreet Member

Improve food offerings, and actually have opening hours long enough for people to have the time to eat.:unamused:

MaxPower and delta79 like this.
  14. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

Imagine the scenario......

Call goes out that Wicker Man is experiencing a difficulty and guests may have to wait a while or could go and queue for other rides. Most guests behind this lunch voucher point grab a voucher and go off elsewhere for a while.

Meanwhile, a fair few other guests enter the queue and start filling it up again behind the lunch voucher point as the ride has started running again. 30 mins later a large number of guests come back to the lunch voucher point to try to squeeze back in to the queue but it's now full again.

Sounds like fun.

P.S - Can't believe they're going to be wasting a member of staffs efforts on this farce. Could have them manning single rider on Nemesis or something instead.

15. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Dunno why they just dont stock the queue line shop with baguettes/pasties/sausage rolls etc and have a good quanity of bins along the queue line.

MattyH and DiogoJ42 like this.
  16. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

People can't be trusted not to poo themselves after eating too much in the queueline. Someone would probably soil their pants and then try to sue Towers for encouraging eating 'a meal' in a long queue.

DiogoJ42, TheAverageNerd and JB1985 like this.
  17. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

So you can pause your place in the queue if you are suddenly so overcome with hunger that you have to stuff your face immediately yet you can't if you need a slash?

The solution is to do away with this and put urinals on the queue line fences. Themed urinals at that.

18. imanautie

imanautie TowersStreet Member

Yeah no that's just asking for trouble

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

19. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Scrap the urinals and just have a few small fires scattered around the queue. If you need a slash, help defeat the wicker man by putting out the fires.

#Immersive

b2311e, NemeTime, James and 6 others like this.
  20. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

Or just have fire IN the urinals

imanautie likes this.