• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Yeah that’s my bad. Was just passing on what he said so people could decide to whether to visit or not, but he’s made me look a right mug 🤦‍♂️ lol
Nothing wrong with you reporting what you were told (and more importantly who you were told by - that allows people to make a judgment on whether it's likely to be accurate). But it's just a reminder to everyone to never take things as gospel. There's often a lot of panic when something out of the ordinary goes wrong on a ride and there's an assumption by many staff, especially if they've not been around all that long that it'll be down for ages as a result. But remember this is the park's signature ride at present, and heading up to such a huge weekend they'll work incredibly hard behind the scenes to get it up and running again.

Lots of major faults are caused by small parts. This being one of the most obvious major faults with a train abandoned on the lift and so is visible to all. Sensor failure? Lift says no. Power/wiring problem? Lift says no. Motor burnt out? Lift says no. Dragon landing in the station and eating the op panel? Lift says no.

It could have been as simple as a track issue reported/spotted and reported, but the train had already dispatched,
It would be a case of whats better to estop on the lift, just incase it causes a major issue/ incident.

The thing is we will likely never know the story,

Yeah that’s my bad. Was just passing on what he said so people could decide to whether to visit or not, but he’s made me look a right mug 🤦‍♂️ lol
Don't worry I posted it on Facebook that the ride host said it wasn't gonna open for the rest of the season 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ because that's what I was told, in all fairness most of them aren't told sod all so just taking educated guesses and going off staff rumours themselves.

Sounds like that super reliable source was wrong again...

Wrong about the rapids, wrong about the air gates on the monorail wrong about Appocalypse not going.

At least Prof Burp managed to get one out of however many right.

Also yay Wickerman is open!

I would’ve thought so, lots of the rides and their surrounding areas look shoddy but they’re usually pretty good with Wicker Man