• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Will you visit Alton Towers in the closed season?

Thomas

TS Member
Well that's all folks, I believe the time is nigh to get your 2l Alton Towers mug out and begin to speculate about the next year, but before we do, what are your plans for the closed season?

Personally I'm going to explore some other Merlin attractions; Blackpool, the dungeons and even a trip to London to whore my pass for the second time!

The magic hasn't yet disappeared completely with Christmas events planned at Alton Towers, and I believe the water park will stay open, but what are your plans? Will you venture along the winding roads of Alton and Farley or will you wait till next season?

Definitely waiting til' 2013. I simply can't visit Towers without going on the coasters. I would break in to ride Blivvy again, and I don't want to have to do that.

I'm sure I will visit at some point in the closed season. Wether it be to visit the spa or water park. Or maybe even festive weekend! Still plenty to do there for a day without the theme park open!

Unless TST plan some sort of mini meet during the closed season, it is looking like I'll be visiting in 2013 when the theme park opens :)

I think the girls of TST should have a girls only spa day over closed.

Im hoping to spend a day atthe waterpark/golf one day in the closed season, and maybe one of the themed weekends like the beach party, it was great fun earlier this year and good value.

I'd quite like to go to a themed weekend, but I wouldn't require a room for four people, so a little bit put off with that!

Sigh!

Normally visit for a santa sleepover, but not this year.

Making a caribbean beach party weekend instead, basically just get trolled - hurrah!

Re: Will you visit Alton Towers in the closed season?

Yes - several times!

Cheaper resort sleepovers! I'll be there this Friday!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Will you visit Alton Towers in the closed season?

AstroDan said:
Yes - several times!

Cheaper resort sleepovers! I'll be there this Friday!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

But what will you do there? What's open, or attracted you there?

The resort itself is a lovely place to stay for a weekend away and there is the waterpark and golf to do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Would anyone like to stop on resort on either the last weekend of November are first weekend of December let us know and I will book a room

It's a big ol' likelihood I'll turn up on Resort once or twice, just purely depends on what the meet group are doing over closed season!

Usually end up there a few times in the closed season, it's always worth a trip.

If I renew my water park pass then yes. I wouldn't mind another go on the golf whilst the place is quiet as well.

If I don't get a new water park pass then I'll just leave it until February Half Term.

I was thinking about going up tomorrow afternoon if anybody fancys a trip up

Tos is gonna sound a bit stupid, and maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone go to the park when it's closed? What is there to do? Just look over the gates? I suppose I understand if people are going swimming or playing mini golf, though.

Well, technically I have already, with spending the day doing Cariba and Golf the Monday after Fireworks!

I think it's inevitable that I'll find myself there again at least once before the season begins, with ridiculously cheap resort stays, a winter offering I'd love to check out again (always amazing atmosphere!) and Carribean Beach Party always being a huge social occasion in January :)

Last year in closed season I was at the resort at least once a month from November-Feb!