• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

X-Cite and Alton Towers Archive

Ted

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Kondaa
Is there any chance that these Forums will come back? As I have a lot of interesting stuff to talk about in X-Cite and think it would be great to discuss Alton's Past in AT Archive. Just that is all

:)

We will consider adding these forums (or something similar) in future. At the moment we have tried not to add mass amounts of forums to ensure that things do not look too sparse to start of with. :)

However if anyone else would like to see either (or both) of these forums (or similar) introduced to TowersStreet Talk then please post below. We are obviously also considering the demand for such forums too. As I say though, they will be considered in future when we get round to looking at it. :)

^ Cheers James. I'm also under impression that these forums have not been added as the team are dealing with more important things for the site?

I think they would both be needed in the future, but for now it is fine.

A few other people have suggested this, but we need to see the return of the RCT3 and No Limits thread.

I think that a similar structure to what it used to be should be implemented if possible, but to avoid any possible issues, new names for some of the forum areas should be considered, most specifically the more 'general' areas of the forum. :)

What do you guys think about another Reviews forum? Would it be used or abused with short sparsely detailed posts or do you think it isn't needed at all?

Could you not look at having a reviews section which is 'reviewed' before being made public to ensure they are of a decent standard?

I would also advocate the return of Alton Towers Archive and X-Cite Forums eventually.

I agree that we need new names for our sub forums. This is a chance to be new and fresh :p

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Could you not look at having a reviews section which is 'reviewed' before being made public to ensure they are of a decent standard?

That would be good.

On a similar note if they were all formatted the same, if say you had to write your review in a certain way under several different headings then submitted it for approval (similar to the old Traffic Boost) before they are posted.

Eddie said:
^ Cheers James. I'm also under impression that these forums have not been added as the team are dealing with more important things for the site?

Yes partly. :)

As you know we're literally building up TowersStreet from the ground so we've got a lot to sort out at the moment. Last night we decided to only bring in a small number of forums on to here. Just as we really had no idea last night of how many members would be on here or how busy the place would be! So keeping a selective amount of forums was decided early on, just so we have a main frame for the forums. The current structure and different forums will be looked at soon.

We really just wanted to get the ball rolling so members have something to discuss on for the time being.

DiogoJ42 said:
I agree that we need new names for our sub forums. This is a chance to be new and fresh :p
That's kind of hopefully what we will eventually aim for. We don't want to be seen as TT 2.0, but as a new website with a new take on a website community. We've already introduced two new names for forums, Guest Services and TowersStreet Socials - so as we review the forums no doubt there might be new name changes and new forum additions afoot. :)

DiogoJ42 said:

Well if we are sticking to the park's games arcades as a name for the movies/music/ents. forum then we have a choice of 'Pirates Quest', 'Crypt Games' or 'The Edge'.

'The Edge' - I like that! Possibly a bit irrelevant though.

Will said:
What do you guys think about another Reviews forum? Would it be used or abused with short sparsely detailed posts or do you think it isn't needed at all?

The reviews forum on the other site linked in with the main website, that was pretty much it's main purpose as there was no discussion in there. Moving forwards on TS, we'll likely have reviews built in directly to the site, so a dedicated forum wouldn't really be needed :)