• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your Most Expensive / Complicated Ride Credit

Tim

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Air / Blue Fire
Some of us will go really far out of our way for just 1 ride credit. And to great expense as well!

I almost had one of these moments this weekend, when I made my way up to Blackpool purley to ride Icon. It was a tight riding window, made even tighter when the park shortened their hours. And I came to the realisation that I could be paying £30 for entry, another £15 for Enso, £15 for parking and nearly £100* in petrol just for 1 ride. Fortunately I got more than just 1 ride.
* I did have other reasons to be In Blackpool that sort of balance this out, but they could also be classed as going out the way for a hobby.

But I realised I've had other times that I've taken the risk, rolled the dice and not been so lucky. And I'm sure many of you have too!
So I ask, what are your craziest stories just to get 1 elusive credit?

My main story would have to be Atlantis Adventure at Korea's Lotte World. I'd been in Korea for a month at this point and realised that my flight home was approaching and with 1 weekend left I hadn't ridden a single Korean ride. I was staying about 2 hours outside of Seoul, so I convinced a team of work colleagues to spend the day sightseeing in Seoul and both myself and a manager to fork out the ~£30 each to check out Lotte World.
When we got their the ride already had a queue stretching the entire outdoor area of the park. But I was committed at that point so we sat it out, even though it took a big chuck out of our day. 1 ride done I took a look at the similarly massive queue for the other coasters, decided I was happy with the credit I had and after a short check out of anything that didn't have a wait we left.
Can't say it was money well spent but I have no regrets just for the experience!

But I feel both of these are fairly mundane compared to what some of you might of done? And I've been lucky so far that I've never crossed the world just to find a park closed (although I got close once).

I did 7 parks in 1 day, where I got 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2 creds, running from Paultons to Brighton Pier as part of the Misery Trip. That was very unsensible.

I did 7 parks in 1 day, where I got 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2 creds, running from Paultons to Brighton Pier as part of the Misery Trip. That was very unsensible.
That sounds crazy, which were the parks? Wasn't aware there were 7 to visit along that stretch of coast.

I think the closest I've come to this is the start of our US road trip in 2018. We were scheduled to land at New York Newark at around 3.30/4pm and our hotel for the night was a 3 and a half hour drive away in State College. The journey took us past Knoebels (with a slight de-tour), which was going to be open until 10pm. So we planned to try and make it there so long as we did not have any delays to the flight.

I think we landed pretty much ontime, and got through border control ok, but our luggage was slow arriving. In the end we made it to Knoebels at about 8.30pm, which gave us 90 minutes to dash around the place. Great fun though, I got on all the coasters I wanted to as well as their Haunted Mansion.

That sounds crazy, which were the parks? Wasn't aware there were 7 to visit along that stretch of coast.

Paultons Park: Storm Chaser
Clarence Pier: Mad Mouse, Tidal Wave
South Parade Pier: Happy Caterpillar
Funland Amusement Park: Mine Train Roller Coaster
West Sands Fun Fair: Big Apple
Harbour Park: Ocean Coaster
Brighton Pier: Turbo, Crazy Mouse

So Mack Spinner, SBF Zyklon, SBF Visa Spinner, Big Apple, L&T Systems Mine Train, Big Apple, Wacky Worm, Pinfari Zl42, Reverchon Spinner

Reactions: Tim
Forgot about all the piers. So it was sort of a pier pub crawl (swapping pubs for coasters).
I think the closest I've come to this is the start of our US road trip in 2018. We were scheduled to land at New York Newark at around 3.30/4pm and our hotel for the night was a 3 and a half hour drive away in State College. The journey took us past Knoebels (with a slight de-tour), which was going to be open until 10pm. So we planned to try and make it there so long as we did not have any delays to the flight.

I think we landed pretty much ontime, and got through border control ok, but our luggage was slow arriving. In the end we made it to Knoebels at about 8.30pm, which gave us 90 minutes to dash around the place. Great fun though, I got on all the coasters I wanted to as well as their Haunted Mansion.
That sounds a lot like how my Blackpool trip ended up panning out. 90 minutes at the park. 7 rides. Didn't get on everything I wanted but very happy with what I did manage.