• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your most ridden coasters and most visited parks

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Over the years, I’m sure that most of us have done a number of coasters and a number of parks quite a few times. With this in mind, I’d be interested to know; what are your most ridden coasters and your most visited parks?

For me, my answer to these questions would not have been exhaustive and exact until a couple of days ago. I always started my coaster and park counts and visit log from an arbitrary “enthusiasm start date” of 28th September 2013, the day I rode Alton Towers’ big coasters for the first time, as my recollections of exact orders and dates before that was spotty. However, my dad recently found an old hard drive with all of my parents’ pictures from when we were kids on it. This meant that I was able to ditch my “enthusiasm start date” and go right back to the very start of my life to the degree of exactness I desire. And it’s unveiled some interesting stats about my most ridden coasters and my most visited parks across the course of my entire life… not to mention that changing my coaster counting method gained me a bonus +3 from 2011 that tipped me over 100 coasters!

Following the discoveries of the other day, my all-time unique coaster count is 102, and my all-time unique park count is 22. I have had 451 coaster rides in total, so I have averaged 4.4 total rides (to 1dp) on each coaster I have ever ridden. I have had 113 park visits in total, so I have averaged 5.1 total visits (to 1dp) to each park I have ever visited.

My top 10 most ridden coasters of all time are as follows:
  1. Nemesis and Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers - 29 rides (Nemesis first ridden 28th September 2013, RMT first ridden 30th May 2009)
  2. Oblivion and Thirteen at Alton Towers - 25 rides (Oblivion first ridden 28th September 2013, Thirteen first ridden 15th August 2010)
  3. Wicker Man at Alton Towers - 24 rides (first ridden 25th March 2018)
  4. The Swarm at Thorpe Park - 20 rides (first ridden 27th July 2014)
  5. Galactica at Alton Towers - 19 rides (first ridden 28th September 2013)
  6. The Smiler at Alton Towers - 18 rides (first ridden 29th September 2013)
  7. Rita at Alton Towers - 16 rides (first ridden 28th September 2013)
  8. Spinball Whizzer at Alton Towers - 15 rides (first ridden 15th August 2010)
  9. Stealth at Thorpe Park - 12 rides (first ridden 27th July 2014)
  10. Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park - 11 rides (first ridden 27th July 2014)
My top 5 most visited parks are as follows:
  1. Alton Towers - 40 visits (first visited 30th May 2009)
  2. Universal’s Islands of Adventure - 11 visits (first visited 29th August 2012)
  3. Thorpe Park and Universal Studios Florida - 10 visits (Thorpe first visited 27th July 2014, USF first visited 31st August 2012)
  4. SeaWorld Orlando - 5 visits (first visited 28th August 2012)
  5. Legoland Windsor - 4 visits (first visited 28th July 2009)
My first ever theme park visit was to Drayton Manor on 18th April 2008, and my first ever coaster was Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster on the same day. However, I have only visited Drayton Manor twice more since; once on 8th August 2018 and once on 9th June 2022. I have only ridden Troublesome Trucks once more since my first ever ride on it.

Of the 102 coasters I have ridden, 42 of those are coasters that I have only ridden once, which equates to 41.2% of my count (to 1dp). Of the 22 parks I have visited, 3 of those are parks that I have only visited once, which equates to 13.6% of my count (to 1dp).

If I extend that to encompass coasters that I have ridden 3 times or less, the number of coasters that I have ridden 3 times or less is 75, which represents 73.5% of my count (to 1dp). The number of parks that I have visited 3 times or less is 16, which represents 72.7% of my count (to 1dp).

So overall, then, the bulk of my coaster rides and park visits are concentrated around a relatively small number of parks and coasters, with there being a significant outlier at the very top; Alton Towers. Of my 113 park visits since 2008, 40 of these have been Alton Towers visits, which represents 35.4% of my total visits (to 1dp). Of my 451 coaster rides since 2008, 201 of these have been at Alton Towers, which represents 44.6% of my total coaster rides (to 1dp).

I have to say that I found this a very interesting insight into my coaster riding and park visiting habits… I’ll post my full visit log spreadsheet later when I’m not on the move and using 4G.

But I’d be keen to know; what are your most ridden coasters and most visited parks?

I have never counted, but for nearly everyone this will be 'what's your nearest park and what's the best coaster there', and so for me it's probable that Adventure Island is my most visited park and Rage my most ridden coaster. Both counts probably number in the hundreds.

I wouldn't be surprised if my next most ridden coaster would be Dreamlands Scenic Railway. Used to go at least annually as a kid and whore the hell out of it. I don't recall ever waiting for more than one train, and would literally spend hours on it.

My next most visited parks are probably a fairly even split between Thorpe and Chessington, with AT not far behind.

I have never counted, but for nearly everyone this will be 'what's your nearest park and what's the best coaster there'
That’s not the case for me, interestingly!

My nearest theme parks are Brean Theme Park and Funland at the Tropicana, and I’ve reached triple figures without ever visiting either!

I have also only visited my two nearest visited parks, WMSP and Drayton, only twice and three times respectively!

Mouse at Blackpool.
Sorry shakey...
Must be literally over a thousand rides, over hundreds of visits, over close to fifty years.
Would often do half a dozen rides over fifteen minutes on my way out at the end of a quiet wet weekday in termtime.
The very rare treat...staying in your seat through the station...had to hit it just right, with a couple of other punters about, and well known staff...all before cctv ruined things.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach will be the most visited, used to go annually with the family then multiple visits a season since having a season pass.

Most ridden, probably between Grand National, Big One, and Nemesis.

Probably Nemesis as during the days of early entry ert I'd always head there first and get in half a dozen rides.
Especially as in the last few years you'd go to Pleasure Beach and you could have days were neither were open.

Joining the Alton Towers being the most visited park and Nemesis the most ridden coaster bandwagon. I've lost count of both, but it'll be in the hundred or so visits over two decades and hundreds of rides on Nemesis.

Parks abroad - Europa would be my most visited, with Helix being my most ridden coaster.

Most ridden coaster- Scorpion Express (78 rides)
Most visited theme park- Chessington World of Adventures (no clue how many visits)

Visited Thorpe loads as a kid, and then much more so as a teeneger with a Tussauds pass.

Most ridden is probably Nemesis Inferno. Followed the construction online and rode it a lot in the early years. Especially with thr single rider queue.

Abroad is probably Port Aventura but Taron the most ridden coaster.

Abroad so for individual days on park...

Cedar Point - 10 days (over 3 visits)
Phantasialand - 8 days (over 4 visits)
Energylandia - 5 days (over 1 visit)
Parque Warner - 4 days (over 2 visit)
PortAventura - 4 days (over 1 visit)
Efteling, Toverland - 3 days (over 3 visits)

Last edited:
Since I joined RideCount in 2013 I’ve registered 356 visits to Alton Towers 😮 and my most ridden ride is Nemesis with 323 rides, followed by The Smiler with 317.

My second most visited theme park is actually Europa Park with 47 visits since 2013.

I am not sure on numbers but my most visited park would have to be Drayton Manor, as I've always lived on it's doorstep, so I've been going there since the very early days. By extension my most ridden ride is most probably Shockwave. (isn't that depressing!)

Followed by Alton Towers without a doubt and Nemesis.

I’m also not 100% sure on numbers but we had regular trips to Towers as a family so that would have been my most visited, (pre nemesis though) however as an adult Thorpe Park has become most visited, and Swarm most ridden.
(Also, sounds like @Matt N and I could be neighbours as Brean & Funland are my closest too 😁 )

5 Most Ridden:

Nemesis (510)
Duel (134)
Oblivion & The Smiler (121)
Runaway Mine Train (85)

5 Most Visited:

Alton Towers (124)
Thorpe Park (10)
Bottons PB (7)
Blackpool PB (6)
Fantasy Island (6)

International Stats

Top Ridden: Lech (25)
Top Visited: Europa Park/Phantasialand/PortAventura (3)

I don't count how many times I have ridden a coaster, but for me it will be Alton Towers and Nemesis.

Outside of the UK I have been to Europa-Park on 16 occasions (no idea how many days, lots) and my most ridden coaster abroad will be either Blue Fire or Wodan.

Hi guys. Over the years, I’m sure that most of us have done a number of coasters and a number of parks quite a few times. With this in mind, I’d be interested to know; what are your most ridden coasters and your most visited parks?

For me, my answer to these questions would not have been exhaustive and exact until a couple of days ago. I always started my coaster and park counts and visit log from an arbitrary “enthusiasm start date” of 28th September 2013, the day I rode Alton Towers’ big coasters for the first time, as my recollections of exact orders and dates before that was spotty. However, my dad recently found an old hard drive with all of my parents’ pictures from when we were kids on it. This meant that I was able to ditch my “enthusiasm start date” and go right back to the very start of my life to the degree of exactness I desire. And it’s unveiled some interesting stats about my most ridden coasters and my most visited parks across the course of my entire life… not to mention that changing my coaster counting method gained me a bonus +3 from 2011 that tipped me over 100 coasters!

Following the discoveries of the other day, my all-time unique coaster count is 102, and my all-time unique park count is 22. I have had 451 coaster rides in total, so I have averaged 4.4 total rides (to 1dp) on each coaster I have ever ridden. I have had 113 park visits in total, so I have averaged 5.1 total visits (to 1dp) to each park I have ever visited.

My top 10 most ridden coasters of all time are as follows:
  1. Nemesis and Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers - 29 rides (Nemesis first ridden 28th September 2013, RMT first ridden 30th May 2009)
  2. Oblivion and Thirteen at Alton Towers - 25 rides (Oblivion first ridden 28th September 2013, Thirteen first ridden 15th August 2010)
  3. Wicker Man at Alton Towers - 24 rides (first ridden 25th March 2018)
  4. The Swarm at Thorpe Park - 20 rides (first ridden 27th July 2014)
  5. Galactica at Alton Towers - 19 rides (first ridden 28th September 2013)
  6. The Smiler at Alton Towers - 18 rides (first ridden 29th September 2013)
  7. Rita at Alton Towers - 16 rides (first ridden 28th September 2013)
  8. Spinball Whizzer at Alton Towers - 15 rides (first ridden 15th August 2010)
  9. Stealth at Thorpe Park - 12 rides (first ridden 27th July 2014)
  10. Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park - 11 rides (first ridden 27th July 2014)
My top 5 most visited parks are as follows:
  1. Alton Towers - 40 visits (first visited 30th May 2009)
  2. Universal’s Islands of Adventure - 11 visits (first visited 29th August 2012)
  3. Thorpe Park and Universal Studios Florida - 10 visits (Thorpe first visited 27th July 2014, USF first visited 31st August 2012)
  4. SeaWorld Orlando - 5 visits (first visited 28th August 2012)
  5. Legoland Windsor - 4 visits (first visited 28th July 2009)
My first ever theme park visit was to Drayton Manor on 18th April 2008, and my first ever coaster was Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster on the same day. However, I have only visited Drayton Manor twice more since; once on 8th August 2018 and once on 9th June 2022. I have only ridden Troublesome Trucks once more since my first ever ride on it.

Of the 102 coasters I have ridden, 42 of those are coasters that I have only ridden once, which equates to 41.2% of my count (to 1dp). Of the 22 parks I have visited, 3 of those are parks that I have only visited once, which equates to 13.6% of my count (to 1dp).

If I extend that to encompass coasters that I have ridden 3 times or less, the number of coasters that I have ridden 3 times or less is 75, which represents 73.5% of my count (to 1dp). The number of parks that I have visited 3 times or less is 16, which represents 72.7% of my count (to 1dp).

So overall, then, the bulk of my coaster rides and park visits are concentrated around a relatively small number of parks and coasters, with there being a significant outlier at the very top; Alton Towers. Of my 113 park visits since 2008, 40 of these have been Alton Towers visits, which represents 35.4% of my total visits (to 1dp). Of my 451 coaster rides since 2008, 201 of these have been at Alton Towers, which represents 44.6% of my total coaster rides (to 1dp).

I have to say that I found this a very interesting insight into my coaster riding and park visiting habits… I’ll post my full visit log spreadsheet later when I’m not on the move and using 4G.

But I’d be keen to know; what are your most ridden coasters and most visited parks?
I think it’s about time I did a small update of these stats!

As of 20th April 2024, my coaster count is 111, my park count is 24, my coaster ride count is 497, and my park visit count is 119.

My top 10 most ridden coasters are:
RankingCoasterNumber of RidesFirst Ridden
1Nemesis Reborn at Alton Towers3128th September 2013
2Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers3030th May 2009
  1. Oblivion at Alton Towers
  2. Wicker Man at Alton Towers
  1. 28th September 2013
  2. 25th March 2018
4Thirteen at Alton Towers2515th August 2010
5The Swarm at Thorpe Park2327th July 2014
6Stealth at Thorpe Park2227th July 2014
7Galactica at Alton Towers2028th September 2013
8The Smiler at Alton Towers1829th September 2013
9Rita at Alton Towers1728th September 2013
10Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park1627th July 2014

My top 5 most visited theme parks are:
RankingParkNumber of VisitsFirst Visited
1Alton Towers4230th May 2009
  1. Universal’s Islands of Adventure
  2. Thorpe Park
  1. 29th August 2012
  2. 27th July 2014
3Universal Studios Florida1031st August 2012
4SeaWorld Orlando528th August 2012
  1. Chessington World of Adventures
  2. Legoland Windsor
  1. 27th July 2009
  2. 28th July 2009

So my most visited park by far is Alton Towers, which has provided 35.3% of my total park visits and 42.1% of my total coaster rides.

Coaster Count: 354

5 Most Ridden:

Nemesis (524)
Duel (134)
Oblivion (130)
The Smiler (126)
Runaway Mine Train (91)

5 Most Visited:

Alton Towers (133)
Thorpe Park (13)
Europa Park (8)
Blackpool PB (8)