• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

11am ride openings - legal? fair?

Maybe this is causing complaints then and they have backtracked.

They've already backtracked several times in the past and changed their minds. Submission and Enterprise SBNO in 2012, late opening of FV in 2012, 12:00pm opnings this season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if complaints have led to them dropping these staggered openings.

It does make me wonder how many complaints PortAventura (the worldwide home of staggered openings) must get. Seriously anyone who's visited PortAventura in the past few years will share my pain in this respect.

Maybe this is causing complaints then and they have backtracked.

They've already backtracked several times in the past and changed their minds. Submission and Enterprise SBNO in 2012, late opening of FV in 2012, 12:00pm opnings this season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if complaints have led to them dropping these staggered openings.

It does make me wonder how many complaints PortAventura (the worldwide home of staggered openings) must get. Seriously anyone who's visited PortAventura in the past few years will share my pain in this respect.
There's been no backtracks. The late openings still show on mobile but not on the desktop site.

It'll just be a glitch.

So it seems this week the park closes at 4.30, and some rides (Ripsaw, sub terra, hex, Charlie, 13, Rita, Rapids, flume, ice age, wobble world, driving school, frog hopper, gallopers and twirling toadstool) all open at 11. Even if the park is quite it does mean you can't really explore the park in a proper order anymore, even more so with the crap ERT line up now.

This is with an increase in entry price and a big increase in the annual pass price!

There's been no backtracks. The late openings still show on mobile but not on the desktop site.

It'll just be a glitch.

I was referring to backtracks which have been made in the past such as FV late openings cancelled in 2012. Also the fact that there seem to be no more 12:00 openings anymore.

I was referring to backtracks which have been made in the past such as FV late openings cancelled in 2012. Also the fact that there seem to be no more 12:00 openings anymore.
I know there's been backtracks in the past - was simply stating that there had not been a backtrack this time.

12pm openings stopped pretty sharpish this season but 11am's remain the norm midweek.

Do theme parks rides open an hour or so after closing time anyway?

The queues of the rides close at whatever time they do, but if there's still a good amount of people in that queue 5PM, 6PM etc, then the ride itself doesn't close until the last riders have ridden.

The queues of the rides close at whatever time they do, but if there's still a good amount of people in that queue 5PM, 6PM etc, then the ride itself doesn't close until the last riders have ridden.
Yeah that was what I was meaning just worded it wrong.

I just wonder whether, with all the bad PR at the moment, they might consider extending park hours a bit more? Personally, I could never understand why they don't keep the park open at least until early evening every night, if only to capture people wanting to have a meal in the park before leaving (I would definitely have a meal in the pizza/pasta buffet as an option for evening meal if it was available).

Spot the optimist looking for a few extra hours when I go in a few weeks!

Closing times is an interesting discussion which comes up time and time again. Thorpe park have, in the past, experimented with late closing times and it was wholly unsuccessful. When the park used to close at 8,9 and 10pm during school holidays it was empty by about 5-6pm. Great for those who did stay but not so good for the business. Parks abroad close late but there's something in the British mentality that makes people want to leave parks early. It's mainly a culture thing but also the attitude of locals who have concerns about traffic and noise. Sadly I don't think that closing times will ever stray past 6 or at the very most 7pm unless there is a special event to keep people in the park such as Fright Nights/ Scarefest or fireworks.