• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013 most expensive year to date?

To be fair I think pizza and pasta is well themed both outside and in.

Zak said:
To be fair I think pizza and pasta is well themed both outside and in.
Yeah it use to be Pizza Hut/ KFC but still well themed but very dark inside :)

I mean since they take over of Merlin's own food outlet. I never visited whilst it was KFC & Pizza Hut so I don't know whether the themeing or not was the same as now, But I think it's well themed as well as FCC!

thefatone said:
Fried Chicken Co.. not themed?

Okay then ;).

Wasn't Fried Chicken Co. supposedly not themed by Merlin though? I thought that Merlin said they just wanted a generic 50s diner, and Alton had to fork out extra to have it themed the way it is today? Even if Merlin carried out the theming work though I wouldn't consider it all their work if the park had to do extra to make it actually happen.

Hopefully Alton will do the same with the new outlets arriving this year. If they are just generic Merlin outlets I shall not be happy!

As for being the most expensive year, it probably is for the theme park alone. Though looking at the whole Resort I'd guess 2003 was probably the biggest, given they spend £30M on Splash Landings alone as well as re-theming Duel, and adding Berry Bish Bash. Tussauds knew how to spend money while they had it :p

Well that's just pendantic. Seemingly the majority of the people on this forum lump any action or budget towers has as merlin, so regardless of whether it was towers or merlin budget.. it happened.

It's likely to happen again, regardless of where funding comes from.

Re: 2013 most expensive year to date?

There's a lot of 'Merlin' when in fact, why on earth would Merlin worry about the style or theme in a diner in one of their parks?

They've bigger fish to fry!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2