• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I wonder if we'll see the smiler in any future marketing for the resort or if they'll pretend it doesn't exist

Give it another season and smiler will be back on posters etc.

Can't really ignore an £18m coaster sitting there.

They will slowly introduce it back into marketing materials. Luckily Towers have many other big rides so they can use the other coasters as the main sell to draw in thrill seekers, and have The Smiler as a smaller mention.

They will slowly introduce it back into marketing materials. Luckily Towers have many other big rides so they can use the other coasters as the main sell to draw in thrill seekers, and have The Smiler as a smaller mention.

But there all old hat,

That's why they'll milk the Air retheme to the thrill market. Plus Towers will continue to add something new each year, so it's not like they're stuck with what's there currently (to market).

But there all old hat,

That's why they'll milk the Air retheme to the thrill market. Plus Towers will continue to add something new each year, so it's not like they're stuck with what's there currently (to market).

Exactly what I was saying on some thread on here somewhere.

They can deflect attention with the Galactica launch, and quietly reopen The Smiler whilst no one else is looking.

*psssst - over here*

From Twitter, the park have tweeted that the Towers should be open from the start of the season:

https://twitter.com/altontowers/status/695164788943495168

Best news I've heard this closed season. Fair play to them :)

Edit - Although, saying that, it is just a reply to a question and the person on twitter answering could just be saying "Yeah, they're usually open from the start of the season, as a rule. But subject to change". A more definite response would have been better, but they probably don't actually know for definite.

It probably means that they intend to have the towers open from opening day, but they're covering their backs just in case if for whatever reason they can't. It'll be great news if they do.

Seeing the standard of Phantasialand.

Knowing the backing Merlin have financially.

What are they doing to Towers?

Mack or Phannyland to take over please.

Merlin, sod off.

Did you intend to post this in another topic, @TheMan? :D

No lol I just rage quit the Phannyland topic because their stuff looks too good and came in General topic to ask why Merlin treat Towers with such utter contempt lol! ....Generally :D

Just been wondering what the park map is gonna be like next season. The past few have been a wish-mash of the 2008/11 style maps which just looks badly thrown together, escpecially Cebebies land which literally looks like someones just stuck a cut out over the top!

Also with the removal of many rides this year they're bona have to do something to make the empty spaces where flume/ripsaw/blade/sub terra etc. used to be. Whether or to its worth waiting till next season before rolling out a new map style i'm not sure, as at least the then they should have some rides.

Opinions?

:)

Doubt they will change it. They will probably keep all the attractions which are closed on and have a bit on top saying "closed for fantabulouse improvements as part of our TLC program!"

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.