• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Operations been a disgrace this season. 2 trains on Smiler at times. One shuttle dispatch on Oblivion with 5 trains sat on break run for 5 minutes. Diabolical throughputs on Galactica. The waiting times will really be harming guest perception.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The cheap lodges at centre parks ain't all that much better, I had my first stay at centerparcs this year and it made me realise how Merlin can charge what they do.

Came to the conclusion the whole uk leisure industry is over priced tat.
I'll completely agree with the price, thankfully I wasn't paying. It also helped the lodge we were in was brand new.

However the point I was making wasn't about the quality but the lack of facility's. In a 'lodge' you should have everything you need to live from it. For example a cooking and dinning area. Alton Towers lodges have neither and I can't even give them credit for separate sleeping areas because they copied the design from Legolands Hotel.

Operations been a disgrace this season. 2 trains on Smiler at times. One shuttle dispatch on Oblivion with 5 trains sat on break run for 5 minutes. Diabolical throughputs on Galactica. The waiting times will really be harming guest perception.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Given the drop in numbers visiting the park (presuming they are still traditionally low) aren't the queue times actually quite normal (as in compared to 2013/14 for example).

Other than last season I don't think the first thing which came into people's minds when thinking about Alton Towers was short queue times.

I'm on park today. Massive queues for all of the rollercoasters. No idea what is wrong with galactica

Sent from my Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Two train service on one station, work on one train per day over three days?
Depends what's wrong with it. I'm not familiar with how the VR works, but it may be an issue that affects all of the VR headsets.

Shame they can't open it as air without the VR though. At least it could help with queues.

According to the trading update, Merlin are expecting a 'normal' season in terms of revenue/visitation in 2018.

According to the trading update, Merlin are expecting a 'normal' season in terms of revenue/visitation in 2018.
This is less optimistic than last year when they highlighted 2017 as being a return to the norm. I'd imagine overall visitor numbers are lower than they expected this year, even taking the knock on effect from the accident into account.

Good news, Oblivion was doing double dispatch yesterday after being closed from ERT to about 12.

I was there on Monday too, it was on single dispatch early in the day.

It depended on the size of the queue. After a late opening of Oblivion at 9.15, I manage to get a few good back to back rides on oblivion during the ERT followed by the first ride of the Smiler which opened at 9.50, I then got on front row of Rita which had no queue and then I followed that with Thirteen all by 10.20 am :)

Actually the only rides that I really queued for that day was Galatica which was around 20 mins and the run away mine train which was around 30 mins.

I think CBeebies land rides had the biggest queues :eek:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.