• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: The Smiler Reopening

Will you ride in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 147 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
On the last train of the day today on the first half the train was under trimmed meaning we hit the brake fins at the bottom of the 2nd lift so fast that the sensor that detects the train and starts the audio/video as we get picked up by the chain missed the train (it worked for the train behind). Has that happened before?

There has been a death on the smiler
WP_20160619_046_zpszefg8n6x.jpg
Was just walking past the smiler (just about to have a very difficult conversation with my dad, actually, so at least I avoided that), heard a bang above my head, looked up and a load of feathers landed on me. Do bird strikes happen often? Or am I just really unlucky to be walking under it at the time.

As a side note, i heard two of the best announcements on rides I've ever heard. The first was on the smiler (look, I'm a little on topic for once), and it was because the girl next to me on there was sick. We've all heard the "this ride will close temporarily due to guest illness", but how often do you get to watch the face of the poor girl who was sick listen to these announcements. To make it even better, the announcement was so loud you could hear it from spinball, and played repeatedly. The second announcement beat this though, it was on oblivion. Anyone ever heard "can guests please not strip off on the break run please, there is a queue line underneath you". :p

I believe Stealth has birdstrikes occasionally. Most birds get out of the way in time, but if they are especially stupid, it can happen. Clould be worse. At least the front row got free chicken nuggets.

Can't blame Towers for this one. They put up signs and everything.

How can you strip off with restraints on? Was this the awkward conversation you were having with your dad? "Look dad, you know when I went on Oblivion just now? Well in the break run......."
I have no idea how he managed it, but it looked like the op called security. And you not too wrong with what my conversation with my dad was about tbh. I tried to come out. The pigeon kind of ruined the moment and is probably a really bad omen, so I decided not to :p
I believe Stealth has birdstrikes occasionally. Most birds get out of the way in time, but if they are especially stupid, it can happen. Clould be worse. At least the front row got free chicken nuggets.
Dred to think how bad it was for them. The staff member on the gate rang someone about a birdstrike as we walked past and we didn't see the it run again today.

And I apologise forr my spelling here, I'm typing with one contact lense in and itss impossible. I'll correct it at some point. corrected, and explained the awkward situation a little better :)

Last edited:
uuu
I havne no idea howhemanaged it, but it looked like the op called secaurity. And you not too wrong with what my conversation with my dad was about tbh.

Drem to thinkkk hwo bad it was for them. The stafg member on the gste rang someone about a birds trick as we walked pats and we didntb see the riderun again tofay.

And I apologise forr my spelling here, I'm typing with one contact lense in and itss impossible. I'll correct it at some point.
And the future is safe in the hands of our youth!

There has been a death on the smiler Was just walking past the smiler (just about to have a very difficult conversation with my dad, actually, so at least I avoided that), heard a bang above my head, looked up and a load of feathers landed on me. Do bird strikes happen often? Or am I just really unlucky to be walking under it at the time.

As a side note, i heard two of the best announcements on rides I've ever heard. The first was on the smiler (look, I'm a little on topic for once), and it was because the girl next to me on there was sick. We've all heard the "this ride will close temporarily due to guest illness", but how often do you get to watch the face of the poor girl who was sick listen to these announcements. To make it even better, the announcement was so loud you could hear it from spinball, and played repeatedly. The second announcement beat this though, it was on oblivion. Anyone ever heard "can guests please not strip off on the break run please, there is a queue line underneath you". :p
if that was today I was on the train behind, sat on the break run, heaving, watching the hosts cleaning up the vom ! :(
dont know how they do it, Ride hosts need a medal !

Leah have you been drinking? Close one eye
The eye I have the contact lense in Is my worse eyee. I'm having to try and type by remembring where the letters are on my keyboard. I'm effectively blind.

Why would stripping off effect people underneath? Surely he said spit?
It's because the queue passes directly beneath the car he was on. Trust me, they could see. It was definately striping off that was said.

if that was today I was on the train behind, sat on the break run, heaving, watching the hosts cleaning up the vom ! :(
dont know how they do it, Ride hosts need a medal !
Yeah, today. How long did it take them to clean? I was sat next to the girl and had to jump over it. Funniest thing was though, that the man boading next was genuinely about to sit down, my dad told him that he might not want to (so it might have been my dad's fault the ride closed, since he would of sat in it if we didn't warn him.)

I should really try and get this contact lense out. done :)

Last edited:
And I'm only 16. I have bad astigmatism so I'm not sure I can. I'd probably pay though. This is really far off topic though.

Did I mention the smilers open?

Last edited:
Sorry again off topic. It wasn't that expensive and I had astigmatism too. Best thing I ever spent money on.

Can we have the other two trains out to play on the weekends soon? 4 in the week and 3 on weekends is strange