• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: The Smiler Reopening

Will you ride in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 147 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
The Smiler currently has a 140 minutue queue according to ridetimes, yes you read that right, 140 minutes! For the love of god Alton Towers get 4 train operation back!

:)

Just checked ridetimes,
if you add all the queue times together for the thrill rides,
it works out at just over eight hours,
longer than the park is open.
Bloody school trips.
I don't think it is an extra train Smiler needs,
more an exit platform.

They certainly do, queue is now 3 hours for Smiler,
over 10 hours in total for the thrill rides.
Ouch.
Lots of disappointed customers today then.

again Towers not caring about guest experience, all these kids having to queue for 3 hours to ride the Smiler.
They aint gonna want to come back again if they think that is the norm.

is there something wrong with the third train or is this just a display of incompetence?

Sent from my Desire 610 using Tapatalk

I'd imagine there is a problem with the third train, I see no justifiable reason other than that to run two trains. However they not have at least four trains, maybe five. The fourth train should be ready to go by now.

The fourth train has been sat there on show for weeks :( just put it on the track, what are they waiting for,
if it wasnt ready why leave it outside in all the wet and rain and wet to get rusted up :(

The maintenance shed can hold two trains right? That's what makes me think they must now have five trains, why leave one of the new ones outside when it could be left in the shed!?

They put a train on the system on Saturday, I was at the front of bay 1 and can confirm (things may of changed since) there are 4 trains at the ride, the 5 one maybe in the main warehouse next to Towers Street.

Two trains with a 3 hour queue is frankly ridiculous. I thought Alton were supposed to be good with capacity!

The fourth train has been sat there on show for weeks :( just put it on the track, what are they waiting for,
if it wasnt ready why leave it outside in all the wet and rain and wet to get rusted up :(

Coaster trains have to have run "x" number of hours and have ADIPS certification before they can operate. They can only really run the 4th train at night to get those running hours.

Same thing happened when Smiler opened, they only had three trains because the 4th and 5th where still testing. I would guess they are on two because the 3rd one is bust, in the past you wouldn't notice because they had 5 trains but currently it's a big hit.

Sorry I know hysteric anger is more fun but it really will be as boring as that.

I was under the impression that night time testing was well under way and the train being kept out of sight in the maintance bay, if night time testing is still ongoing why has it started being kept in full view?