• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017 and 2018 Attractions

I guess an IP could be classed as 'highly confidential' although honestly I think we would have heard something by now, or those in the know would be dropping hints already.

For something to have been in the making since November 2014, that would have to be a substantial project, and clearly we're not getting anything substantial in 2017. For Merlin a CBeebies Land ride and hotel will be all they need to invest in next year, there's clearly a big focus on CBeebies Land and opening a new dark ride on the opposite side of the park would shadow the IP they want all the attention on. This isn't 1994.

I think people are going to have to make do with SW construction pic's for next season. There's no way they're going to be installing anything good at this late stage. As others have said, they may have had something planned a few years back, but things have changed.

I guess an IP could be classed as 'highly confidential' although honestly I think we would have heard something by now, or those in the know would be dropping hints already.

For something to have been in the making since November 2014, that would have to be a substantial project, and clearly we're not getting anything substantial in 2017. For Merlin a CBeebies Land ride and hotel will be all they need to invest in next year, there's clearly a big focus on CBeebies Land and opening a new dark ride on the opposite side of the park would shadow the IP they want all the attention on. This isn't 1994.

But would a CBeebies flat ride have been in development since 2014? The hotel extension goes back way before that.

I dunno, maybe it's wishful thinking, or maybe I'm reading too much into it but it just doesn't add up.

I'm trying to say whatever that project since November 2014 is, it's probably not happening now and has been shelved. Personally I can't see anything major coming in 2017.

The CBeebies flat they probably thought up of in 10 minutes while in the pub.

I'm all for Cbeebies getting work done on it, but I'd really love to see something in Charlie's building.

Does anyone know what is happening with the driving school? Would stick my phone over the wall on a selfie stick but I have no plans to visit again this season!

Does anyone know what is happening with the driving school? Would stick my phone over the wall on a selfie stick but I have no plans to visit again this season!
Considering that wobble world's been gutted completely, I'd guess that the same has happened to driving school. I doubt its coming back (though i wouldn't be too shocked if it reopened next year unchanged, depending on how budgets are changed). I'm surprised this hasn't occurred to anyone yet, but I'm not sure towers would be too happy with people knowing what's going on (unless you can see it from toadstool, in which case there's no point hiding it ;))

Also, have towers forgotten that they have a blog? They used to post quite a lot about the TLC going on there, but it hasn't been updated since RCR opening.

Anyone have ideas on the future of wobble world and/or driving school?

I think they should gut the whole area and build something similar to Arthur, of course that would never happen! :(

Not much chance of wobble world returning, not now it's being used for scarefest. It can't be hard to set up again, but I can see them just using it as spare building to use for temporary attractions now.

Driving school is more likely to return next year if budgets recover. Would like to see both attractions replaced at some point but it's more than likely driving school hasn't been touched since it closed.

Personally, I feel any future Wobble World/Driving School style attraction should open in CBeebies. I'd like the whole of Cloud Cuckoo Land to be rethemed into an area for the whole family, like Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon. Use the Wobble World building and former Outta Control building for new family dark rides, keep Ice Age and Toadstool, and then knock down Charlie and replace it with a log flume that utilises the former Coaster Corner area. And then add a family flat on the site of Driving School.

That's not too much to ask for, right?.......