• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017 Golden Ticket Award Winners Announced!

I am registered but stopped voting when it became apparent that people were tactically voting for rides they hadn't even ridden.

I vote in the Golden Tickets but I think it's pretty ridiculous for Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (a 15 minute park) to beat the Pleasure Beach as Best Seaside Park.

The main problem with the Golden Tickets, that the Hawker poll tried to fix, was the natural bias towards rides/parks that a lot of people have been on/to. The best rides at, say, Cedar Point have far more potential voters than the best ride at a park that's off the beaten track.

Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but I just wondered what makes a family GCI like White Lightning rank higher than a brilliant woodie like Megafobia, for example? I know White Lightning is considered a very good GCI, but still. Also, for those of you who have ridden them, what is so good about rides like Phoenix and the Beast and why are they ranked so high?