• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

They are getting a battering on Twitter, instead of replying to any unhappy customers they have instead decided to pop up a picture of the Welcom-Inn to say it’s a great place to sit and watch Wickerman go round. So that’s gone down well.

I really hope that they don't deploy the better-than-nothing-tut-tut-tut member of the team today!

Hot weather will be to blame next.
Its everyone turn fans and air conditioning units on. :D

5 of the big 7 down plus Battle Galleons has been shut all day on the hottest day of the year so far.

They are getting a battering on Twitter, instead of replying to any unhappy customers they have instead decided to pop up a picture of the Welcom-Inn to say it’s a great place to sit and watch Wickerman go round. So that’s gone down well.

I think the replies should be.
"Whoops sorry about the welcom-inn tweet. We forgot it was set for automatic tweeting. "

"Unfortunately we have a power failure in areas of our park. This problem is outside of the parks control and we hope the power company has it sorted soon'

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Last edited:
From a business perspective, it does make sense to issue free tickets so gusts can come back and experience the attraction again when their original visit doesn't go as planned. It means the resort essentially have another chance to prove to their customers that they can do things right. Without issuing free tickets, I'd bet many of the people who went to Towers today wouldn't consider coming back.

The problem is, this operational mess has been going on since the day they opened this year, with little sign of things changing any time soon. It's sad, but what @bluesonichd said is so true. :(

Free tickets again?

We're now into a full month of dire ride availability!

Unprecedented.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Only hope is there’s an on site management shakeup at the end of the year and some fresh talent gets to attempt to change the direction of the park.

You can shake management up as much as you like but if you cut the operating budget to the bones even the best management can’t make much of a difference.

Towers issues are multifaceted but ultimately the park is now trying to operate on a budget that is not capable of sustaining it, the problem with such a situation is not only do you struggle because you can’t put in the staff hours to give a good customer experience but those good staff you do have leave for better jobs elsewhere causing a brain drain.

I doubt there are many left in the park who remember how to operate a theme park at capacity.

Thing is, as much as ATR has seen a great many cuts - I don't believe there have been cuts in this department.

I am baffled about why technical services are unable to get rides running this year.
I don't know if I'm looking into this too much, but when I visited last week, whilst we were waiting for Spinball to open in the morning, we asked the hosts who were waiting at the entrance of the area wether it would be open, to which they replied that it should be, because they hadn't been told to keep it shut... it just got me thinking that's all..

The only reason a ride at Alton Towers would be closed during standard operating hours would be technical issues, or if the ride had not been signed over to operations in time.

I may sound simplistic here but... Why oh why won't Merlin just give them more money! SURELY they can see it is having an extremely negative effect? If not then I am truly baffled.