• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

Remove the drop tower from NST. Fit motion control seats and fit the vr and call it space trip. :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Air/Galactica would have worked soo much better with AR. At least it would have justified spending the money to build the portal. Guess they would have had to clean up the tunnel then though.

Although the VR is disliked quite widely in this community, that's not my experience this season on park.

The VR is the appeal to the ride for a lot of people. They were sending trains with empty non-VR rows because the entire queue wanted to ride with the goggles, which surprised me.

I think it's fairly dull with or without.

Although the VR is disliked quite widely in this community, that's not my experience this season on park.

The VR is the appeal to the ride for a lot of people. They were sending trains with empty non-VR rows because the entire queue wanted to ride with the goggles, which surprised me.

I think it's fairly dull with or without.
Isn’t this more a case that VR is now restricted to limited seats and this creates demand as people don’t want to miss out on something that’s exclusive?

Isn’t this more a case that VR is now restricted to limited seats and this creates demand as people don’t want to miss out on something that’s exclusive?
It's three rows. 42% of the train. That said, I am not sure how many people in line are aware that there is limited availability (which isn't that limited vs. non-VR if you think about it).

They kept announcing that you could ride without VR immediately or wait 45 mins for the VR. Very few people moved.

It's the back three rows only, so all the fomo lot use them.
The FOMO lot aren't interested when something is in its third minute, let alone third year.

I agree, VR is a big draw for non enthuasiasts. Was at AT the other week and all of those in school parties were talking about the VR

I agree, VR is a big draw for non enthuasiasts. Was at AT the other week and all of those in school parties were talking about the VR
Well, kids these days get stabby if they don't have a phone in front of their face at all times, even when on a coaster. VR just takes the next logical step.

Shocking to see a 4pm close today. Alton taking guests for granted.
c8e3851622bc873ab60451df7102d647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is Nemesis back on single train operation?

Unknown, it had been on one train a fair bit this year, also had quite a lot of downtime too.

Apart from the WickerMan being unavailalbe, and Nemesis being just under an hour, the queue times above are about as you would expect.

Anyone know if Wickerman opened today? It takes queues away from a lot of the other rides when it's working

A few years ago we'd all have been complaining if the park had shut at 5pm on a weekend with those queues, as it should clearly have been at least 5.30.
Agreed, with the weather being good and the crowds increasing. Wasn't too much of a problem before though

Shocking to see a 4pm close today. Alton taking guests for granted.
c8e3851622bc873ab60451df7102d647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That's 5 hours and 10 minutes of just queues there (no ride time, time to walk between attractions, or time for lunch included) and the park is only open for 6.

4pm closes we're insulting enough for a "day" out when rides where walk on in previous seasons, let alone this.

The queuetimes were far worse yesterday morning, it is impossible to get round all the major rides anymore without queuejumping passes...which I am sure was Merlins intention.
Things won't improve over schools weeks then the holidays with all the new season pass holders looking to get value out of their passes.
Glad I didn't get a cheap pass this year..give me a nice short Icon queue any day of the week.