• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

To be fair, you can have bad and good days at any park in the world for a variety of reasons...

Up to the parks themselves to limit the number of bad ones...
Exactly, I went to Disney in Florida in 2013 and didn't have a great time. Probably something to do with being charged $700 on the gate (don't ask why we didn't buy in advance!) for 4 people for a 2 park, 2 day pass, but only 1 park per day. If we wanted to roam between the two on the same day it was a further $25 per person! So that didn't put me in the best of moods going round Magic Kingdom! But, it was after that holiday that I began to get into watching vloggers (The Tim Tracker to start with) and watching them has now made me want to revisit, giving Disney a second chance.

Cor, just reading the past 5 days worth of TripAdvisor reviews about the park - shocking! I am stunning management are not responding to peoples complaints - the majority of which are around the lack of rides available before 11am. Scrap the staggered openings!

Cor, just reading the past 5 days worth of TripAdvisor reviews about the park - shocking! I am stunning management are not responding to peoples complaints - the majority of which are around the lack of rides available before 11am. Scrap the staggered openings!
They are scrapping them soon. Hopefully they never return.

I agree about having a bad day in Alton whereas other times you can have an amazing day. Unfortunately, and this is one of my biggest bug bears about Alton, is that its not a consistent park. Although I go several times a year, whereas in the past I knew I would have an amazing time, the past few years, I almost go up expecting to have a not so good day.

Unfortunately, this is very apparent at Scarefest, where the weekends can vary so dramatically in terms of the quality of the mazes and the atmosphere on park.

So I wouldnt give up on the place, but I wouldnt rush back unless you go midweek when the schools are still in classes, or otherwise, September once the schools have gone back is usually a good time to go.

I won't give up. That's kinda why I'm keeping an eye on how rides are running if September comes around and it's still no better I will wait until next year. I've been waiting since thirteen opened to ride it. I've been a single mom for such a long time and not had the money to do it. I know we were incredibly unlucky that all rides we wanted broke down. It's a shame for wicker man as it is a fantastic ride

I posted one it appears to have disappeared

Just been reading through TripAdvisor and it really is sobering. I wonder if Merlin read the reviews and feel any sense of responsibility, or if they consider it entirely Alton Towers' problem?

It would be interesting to see the reviews over time (e.g. per year) to see the trends, but I can't see a way to do that.

They probably won't post my trip advisor review. Most reviews of the park seem to be 5 star reviews. Which doesn't seem right at all. I feel really sad to be honest, this will be known as the year that ride reliability was shocking with the rides taking it in turns to break down on a daily basis. Instead of the year that AT turned out a great wooden coaster.

Exactly, I went to Disney in Florida in 2013 and didn't have a great time. Probably something to do with being charged $700 on the gate (don't ask why we didn't buy in advance!) for 4 people for a 2 park, 2 day pass, but only 1 park per day. If we wanted to roam between the two on the same day it was a further $25 per person! So that didn't put me in the best of moods going round Magic Kingdom! But, it was after that holiday that I began to get into watching vloggers (The Tim Tracker to start with) and watching them has now made me want to revisit, giving Disney a second chance.

That seems cheap nowadays. Even if you buy in advance, four 2 day 1 park per day tickets are now encroaching upon $1000!

They probably won't post my trip advisor review. Most reviews of the park seem to be 5 star reviews. Which doesn't seem right at all. I feel really sad to be honest, this will be known as the year that ride reliability was shocking with the rides taking it in turns to break down on a daily basis. Instead of the year that AT turned out a great wooden coaster.

You'll find the last 5 days worth have been mostly 1 star reviews!

Remember folks, the official procedure for cleaning vom from Enterprise is:
1) Chuck a bucket of water on it.
2) Run a ride cycle with no guests on board.
3) Do not warn guests in the queue that they may get sprayed with diluted vomit.