• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

What was the status of ops on the weekend?

Dunno if anyone's interested but on Thursday there was;
  • Nemesis - 1 train
  • Galactica - 1 station with 2 crafts
  • Oblivion - 1 station 4? shuttles
  • Wickerman - 3 trains
  • Smiler - 3 trains
  • Rita - 2 trains
  • Thirteen - 2 trains

Midweek closures have made the remaining days more busy both at AT and Thorpe.
The rain saved face for Alton, queues weren't too bad in the end. Did get wet socks in the Smilers swimming pool though

Yesterday as far as I could tell:
Nemesis - 2 trains
Galactica - 3 trains 2 stations
Oblivion - full station 7-8 shuttles (sending empty trains round so that people could get back to the station!)
Wickerman - 3 trains
Smiler - I think 4 trains, not dueling
Rita - 2 trains
Thirteen - at least 2, I have no idea how to judge this one or the max trains though

Yesterday as far as I could tell:
Nemesis - 2 trains
Galactica - 3 trains 2 stations
Oblivion - full station 7-8 shuttles (sending empty trains round so that people could get back to the station!)
Wickerman - 3 trains
Smiler - I think 4 trains, not dueling
Rita - 2 trains
Thirteen - at least 2, I have no idea how to judge this one or the max trains though
Oblivion runs a max of 6 trains as far as I'm aware.

There's little point in running more than 5 even when the ride is at full capacity.

Oblivion runs a max of 6 trains as far as I'm aware.

There's little point in running more than 5 even when the ride is at full capacity.

Ahh as I said, no expert. We arrived on the brake run and it was full of trains, thats all I know. Probably should have counted them. They could have run 3 trains with no queue yesterday, every group had their own train mostly

What was the status of ops on the weekend?

Dunno if anyone's interested but on Thursday there was;
  • Nemesis - 1 train
  • Galactica - 1 station with 2 crafts
  • Oblivion - 1 station 4? shuttles
  • Wickerman - 3 trains
  • Smiler - 3 trains
  • Rita - 2 trains
  • Thirteen - 2 trains

Midweek closures have made the remaining days more busy both at AT and Thorpe.
The rain saved face for Alton, queues weren't too bad in the end. Did get wet socks in the Smilers swimming pool though
Only two rides running at full capacity :hearteyes:What a dream.❤️❤️

--
That really is terrible though; especially considering one of them is Rita, so that doesn’t really count.

Absolutely fantastic day on park today. Really quiet but most rides running to capacity (wm on 3 trains etc) operations were great and for some unknown reason they extended until 4.30. Well done towers

Agreed, good day today, seemed to be running all coasters at full tilt, Managed four goes on the Smiler, and a couple on the Wickerman, and one offs on Nemesis, Rita, 13, RMT, Blade. Could've done more but i relaxed for an hour at lunch.

Agreed, good day today, seemed to be running all coasters at full tilt, Managed four goes on the Smiler, and a couple on the Wickerman, and one offs on Nemesis, Rita, 13, RMT, Blade. Could've done more but i relaxed for an hour at lunch.

We took a friend who didn’t bring packed lunch so the longest queue of the day was fried chicken. Managed 20 rides but we could have easily done 30+ as we weren’t rushing around at all.

Absolutely fantastic day on park today. Really quiet but most rides running to capacity (wm on 3 trains etc) operations were great and for some unknown reason they extended until 4.30. Well done towers
Good to hear that! It's always an easy excuse to run one train when it's quiet so fair play.

However 4.30 is still too early.

I'm back from a week at Blackpool, I was on the pleasure beach over 2 days and even just one day there really opened my eyes up on how bad things have got are at Alton. Most of the rides were open at BPPB at the start of the day, and the rest were all opened within 30 mins of guest being let in. I think I got on more rides in just one day at BPPB compared to the whole of this season at Alton.

Shame I missed you both royjess, would have paid for the sarsparillas.
Pleased you had a good un.
On the Beach with my best mate, his wife and kids tomorrow.
She point blank refused to do a Towers group visit this year, specifically because the experience has become so poor in peak season.

Thanks, I'm T total

Hopefully once I've all organised and back to reality, I'll post a review and pics of my week later, it's been a great week,

Just looking at Alton's today's Ride times :eek: I've a really bad feeling for my next few visits regarding the scarefest and fireworks :eek:

On park at the moment. Operations are varied. Oblivon excellent, as per usual and wicker man doesn’t seem to bad.
This morning Smiler had a batcher holding back people before the stairs in the projection room. Could this mean the old system, with the SRQ is coming back for Scarefest and fireworks?
Galactica pretty poor today, was right up into the extended queue line (the blue arch bit). They were also not using the the stations properly - where the train leaves from one and returns to the other. All trains were leaving a coming back to the same station! It was great that there was no VR, but operations weren’t matching this added bonus!

This morning Smiler had a batcher holding back people before the stairs in the projection room. Could this mean the old system, with the SRQ is coming back for Scarefest and fireworks?
Gosh I hope so! Was it on 3 or 4 trains out of interest? It really needs to be running 4 trains throughout Scarefest. I presume baggage hold still closed?