• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

I do wonder if eventually, Alton will only allow Ride Times to be accessed from within the park (via a geofence or only via the free wifi). I suspect it is doing them more reputational harm than good at this point.

But what are goons meant to do instead? Work?
Haha! Quite...

Seriously though, the park layout is such that if a ride goes down for an hour the % of visitors who are inconvenienced by it is small, the % of visitors who are aware of it is even smaller. (If you're riding Nemesis & Galactica that have a combined queue time of an hour, for instance, your awareness of the fact that Oblivion has had a 45 min snaffu is very limited).

In this community especially, it feels like that conversation surrounding the park's operations is led more by people not at the park, than those who are. The same was true during the Opening Hours debate in the Pleasure Beach thread.

Just sayin'.

People look at ride availability, queue times and opening hours from outide the park before deciding whether or not to visit. That's pretty normal.

Haha! Quite...

Seriously though, the park layout is such that if a ride goes down for an hour the % of visitors who are inconvenienced by it is small, the % of visitors who are aware of it is even smaller. (If you're riding Nemesis & Galactica that have a combined queue time of an hour, for instance, your awareness of the fact that Oblivion has had a 45 min snaffu is very limited).

In this community especially, it feels like that conversation surrounding the park's operations is led more by people not at the park, than those who are. The same was true during the Opening Hours debate in the Pleasure Beach thread.

Just sayin'.

The trip adviser reviews and rumoured KPI drop suggests your assessment of the general impact of the operational issues is understated. For a park that has an unfounded reputation for unsafe rides, the volume of technical shutdowns is hardly going to play well with the public.

I never look to the forums as an accurate picture of a parks reputation, enthusiasts in every area are often very critical folk and these places are there to allow that more involved discussion. But every outlet that allows general visitors to voice their opinion is showing a considerable dissatisfaction for the product they are paying for.

I was at Pleasure Beach when they reduced the hours, just sayin'.

Removal of Ride Times would be admitting defeat and giving up for Towers, IMO.

I do wonder if eventually, Alton will only allow Ride Times to be accessed from within the park (via a geofence or only via the free wifi). I suspect it is doing them more reputational harm than good at this point.
Nice little point to add.
A couple of years ago, stood at the FY4 bar with the charming Bernard (bpb), I pointed out to that nice Mr Thompson that I had started checking the queuetimes online before visiting the park, and that others were doing the same, not bothering to visit on peak days when they were very busy.
He didn't realise that it could be actually done like that.
Me and my (usual) mouth.
Within a week...

It's not like you could just stick it back in with a glue gun!
I’m guessing there’s been people who have tried. I think the WM staff deserve a pat on the back this evening, The last train of the day was about to be loaded when a medical emergency unfolded on the exit side of the station. The staff chose to clear the bays and give us all PRP so they could sort the person out probably.

I'm going to AT on Tuesday, The met office has 30 mph gust forecast. I'd expect the Smiler and Oblvion to be periously close to not being able to operate. What about the other coasters?

I’m guessing there’s been people who have tried.

My mum used to glue her crown in with superglue whenever it fell out, superglue + baking powder sets like glass, just don't get either wet before they set.

I know overlords, OT, but a fun story.

Sorry, but they can and do "glue" teeth back in.
Needs to be done quickly, but it does happen.
If you get a tooth knocked out, pop it in a glass of milk quickly, and get on the phone to the emergency dentist.
Think the chances are less than fifty fifty, but it can be done.
Not worth stopping a coaster for though.

I'm going to AT on Tuesday, The met office has 30 mph gust forecast. I'd expect the Smiler and Oblvion to be periously close to not being able to operate. What about the other coasters?
Looking at the forecast, between 12 and 4 on Tuesday winds could be up to 40 mph! :eek:
Oblivion and Smiler' will almost certainly not operate, and Wicker Man's effects may not operate either. :(
Not sure about the other coasters though.