• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's literally a block of wood and some on ride photos in different formats in a box with a number on it.

SGAPaAw_d.jpg

bluesonichd has clearly placed his order.

I love the idea but hell nonwould I be buying one - that said if they can raise funds from some rich fools you carry on

Yeah, even though these are extortionately priced. You can’t blame them for making money for selling things. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. And at least you’re getting something for your money.

What bothers me is paying for something which is a given. Like car parks. Obviously people are driving to your park it’s in the middle of nowhere, yet you’re going to charge for that? That’s not on.

Back to sw8, has anybody made a new recreation on no limits or planet coaster?

Also we are a month away from opening... surely we should be seeing something on tv soon? Is everything going to plan for the 17th?

Also we are a month away from opening... surely we should be seeing something on tv soon? Is everything going to plan for the 17th?

It's too early for TV adverts, I'd expext we'll see them in the week or two before opening and then a big push over the Easter holidays.

It is about time that Towers started to push Wicker Man online though, try and generate some sort of interest and hype. Their marketing campagin seems rudderless thus far and has been all over the place!

:)

To be fair I think they’ve learned from past experience not to promise a date for opening...

The Smiler was a disaster with the constant delays and was very disappointing for people.

Also everyone complained about Th13teen’s over hyped marketing campaign - maybe they’ve learned from that?

They definitely haven't been overhyping this ride too much. Maybe lessons have been learnt. I really like the theme of this ride though, I just don't think it's appropriate for a family GCI!

I saw a TV advert on Sunday but it was for Merlin Annual passes. However it did show the Wickerman still image for AT and Tiger falls for Chessington. Now that the sale has ended, I'd expect to see a full Wickerman advert in the near future.

Unless they are going fully on YouTube to sell it. Easier to track views I suppose.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.