• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I suppose it just adds more confusion to an already confusing map. If as we don't already see enough first time guests wandering around the park completely lost ;)

I suppose it just adds more confusion to an already confusing map. If as we don't already see enough first time guests wandering around the park completely lost ;)
Yep, I would like to see some areas of the park joined together into one big area.
My only real concern was the similarity between the theme of Dark Forest and Gloomy wood guess you could argue target market.

(improved by that great F&B stall)
Post improved for you.

SW8 in Gloomy Woods, I hope that the area gets rethemed. Duel has had the same operating lifespan as the original Haunted House and I don't think Haunted Hollow will last long either. Also Gloomy Wood hasn't had much TLC to the area.

200th post.

Last edited:
This is the first time a SW has been advertised on the park map right? Usually it just says Under Construction or something similar.

I believe you're right. The others say something is under construction, but they've never refer to the others as a secret weapon on the map.

Post improved for you.

SW8 in Gloomy Woods, I hope that the area gets rethemed. Duel has had the same operating lifespan as the original Haunted House and I don't think Haunted Hollow will last long either. Also Gloomy Wood hasn't had much TLC to the area.
I think that if they were going to retheme gloomy wood they wouldn't specify an area of the park.

Hoping for a horror themed coaster then.. (family orientated obviously)

This is good news to me as i like Gloomy Wood as an area. (ruined by that awful F&B stall)

I do like Gloomy Wood, its a nice little area. Much better than Dark Forest anyway!

If Dark Forest didn't exist I'd fully support an extension of Gloomy Wood with SW8. It just feels redundant to have two areas that essentially have the same theme.

I do like Gloomy Wood, its a nice little area. Much better than Dark Forest anyway!

If Dark Forest didn't exist I'd fully support an extension of Gloomy Wood with SW8. It just feels redundant to have two areas that essentially have the same theme.
I would like to see Dark forest re named to prevent a clash.

Maybe SW9 could replace Rita and have the area redeveloped/rethemed.

Not sure what could be done with Th13teen though, as it would need to be fully rethemed with the area, and I don't feel that the budget would allow for that without a downgrade in quality.

:)

Maybe SW9 could replace Rita and have the area redeveloped/rethemed.

Not sure what could be done with Th13teen though, as it would need to be fully rethemed with the area, and I don't feel that the budget would allow for that without a downgrade in quality.

I was thinking that Dark forest isn't the best fit for Thirteen anyway.
That idea for SW9 sounds great because I don't think that Rita should stay much longer. It has huge operational cost it doesn't fit the theme and is so crap to ride. I mean Rita would be great if it was at another park but it's at Alton. Not sure what I would build to replace Rita though.

Guys the new park map released for services day and the coming season indicates that SW8 will be part of the Gloomy wood. (sorry if this has already been posted) (source photo from TP callum)
C6vFAoDWgAEmpKr.jpg:large
Interesting that Haunted Hollow has a 44a and 44b. I wonder if this is something to do with SW8 construction?

Erm, why are Alton Towers claiming that SW8 is going to be in Gloomy Wood when the entrance and exit of the ride is in Mutiny Bay. Utterly bizarre, I can only assume this is either a mistake due to lack of communication (Towers all over), stupidity, or they've changed the queue/exit lines to an extent that they do not make sense.

I can imagine on the day of opening that guest will be following the signs to gloomy woods only to find themselves arriving at Duel and then having to backtrack to mutiny bay to ride the new ride

In the mean time that will buy me extra time as I'll be heading straight towards the Mutiny bay entrance ;)

Erm, why are Alton Towers claiming that SW8 is going to be in Gloomy Wood when the entrance and exit of the ride is in Mutiny Bay. Utterly bizarre, I can only assume this is either a mistake due to lack of communication (Towers all over), stupidity, or they've changed the queue/exit lines to an extent that they do not make sense.

There has been a suggestion that they can change the location of the entrances and exit without saying anything.

"Grand Illusion" like on DBGT. Enter the queue line in Gloomy Wood, get on a wooden roller coaster, go through a tunel, find yourself disembarking the suspended Vekoma SLC, from the promotional image, walk down the same path you entered in GW, but you are now in Mutiny Bay.

Simple's!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.