• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I don't think you've thought this through.

Certainly have not thought it through! The clue is in the name - Single Riders Queue. If all the guests in the normal queue are in groups of multiples of 2, with an efficient batcher in the station then the SRQ should hardly move on a ride with 2, 4 or 8 abreast seating.

For the SRQ to move it requires either;
* Odd-numbered groups of guests in the normal queue
* Even numbered groups, i.e. a 6 who insist on sitting 3+3
* An inefficient batcher / no batcher on the station platform - an efficient batcher should be able to get the group of 6 to sit 4+2
* Or a combination of the above

Alton Towers botched their original Rita SRQ sign by adding words to the effect of "Your wait time will be shorter in this queue" to the bottom of the sign at the SRQ entrance. Needless to say the wait time was often far from shorter & it all kicked off and they had to run several trains full of SRQ only to calm tempers down. Then, in true Towers form the black insulation tape came out and the SRQ entrance sign was amended so the shorter wait time bit was under black tape (I have got a photo of it somewhere).

The rides where SRQ really does work are where there is odd numbered seating. Test Track at Epcot is a good example as it's 3+3 seating. There is normally at least one single rider space per ride car on Test Track.

Certainly have not thought it through! The clue is in the name - Single Riders Queue. If all the guests in the normal queue are in groups of multiples of 2, with an efficient batcher in the station then the SRQ should hardly move on a ride with 2, 4 or 8 abreast seating.

For the SRQ to move it requires either;
* Odd-numbered groups of guests in the normal queue
* Even numbered groups, i.e. a 6 who insist on sitting 3+3
* An inefficient batcher / no batcher on the station platform - an efficient batcher should be able to get the group of 6 to sit 4+2
* Or a combination of the above

Alton Towers botched their original Rita SRQ sign by adding words to the effect of "Your wait time will be shorter in this queue" to the bottom of the sign at the SRQ entrance. Needless to say the wait time was often far from shorter & it all kicked off and they had to run several trains full of SRQ only to calm tempers down. Then, in true Towers form the black insulation tape came out and the SRQ entrance sign was amended so the shorter wait time bit was under black tape (I have got a photo of it somewhere).

The rides where SRQ really does work are where there is odd numbered seating. Test Track at Epcot is a good example as it's 3+3 seating. There is normally at least one single rider space per ride car on Test Track.
I get you but you end up waiting ages for the smallest queue in the SRQ. I queued 40 mins from the door as you enter the indoor stair part

I get you but you end up waiting ages for the smallest queue in the SRQ. I queued 40 mins from the door as you enter the indoor stair part
I'm not sure you do get it, it is impossible to predict.

Nemesis is a good example with its longer trains, with single rider being run perfectly you can have up to 8 or as few as 0 single riders per train, even assuming you always get at least 1 single rider on each train (no guarantee but very likely) a queue of 16 single riders could take between 2 cycles / 3 mins and 16 cycles / 24 mins and this difference just gets bigger the longer the queue. How do you put a number on that queue-time?

Last edited:

If the main queue was an hour you are still on a winner.
If the (estimated) srq time was shown, it would only make the queue longer on most occasions... "this line is less time, lets split up as a group and go this way."
Leave it at it is, bring the others back.

Why when enthusiasts moaned to towers about getting rid of SRQs so much, did they only bring it back to 1 ride? Bit of a p**s take that tbh

In other news, a guest has become unwell riding Thirteen and required an air ambulance which arrived on the front lawn.

Seems the media have jumped all over this!

I think if you want to skip the preshow on wickerman you should be able to because I mean once you’ve done it you’ve done it really.

I think everyone should only ride Mr Wicker once in their lifetime...cause once you have done it you've done it really.
It is used for a batching delay room really.

In other news, a guest has become unwell riding Thirteen and required an air ambulance which arrived on the front lawn.

Seems the media have jumped all over this!
Alton Towers have responded:

It doesn't really add any details, just confirms a guest was taken unwell.

I think if you want to skip the preshow on wickerman you should be able to because I mean once you’ve done it you’ve done it really.

Why? It's part of the queue unless the ride is totally walk on (very rare).

I never understand arguments like this, surely you prefer a pre show to a plain queue line no matter how many times you have seen it? It adds something to the experience at least.

And miss out on the "guess which child is going to cry" game, never!

I actually think the preshow is very rewatchable, though obviously not to the guy 3 people to my left last time I was in the queue, whose emails simply cannot wait! Whole curtain effect ruined because one guy had to be checking his emails right before getting on the rollercoaster.

To : HR-sharon.

Apologies for my delayed response, per my last email and reattached for your convenience, please action item A. Can you think of a way to avoid this in the future, please advise.

Thanks in advance
Kind regards for you and your first born
Kevin
Sent via Gmail in the Wicker Man preshow because work is life.

And miss out on the "guess which child is going to cry" game, never!

I actually think the preshow is very rewatchable, though obviously not to the guy 3 people to my left last time I was in the queue, whose emails simply cannot wait! Whole curtain effect ruined because one guy had to be checking his emails right before getting on the rollercoaster.
Did he manage to cast his phone screen to the projector so you saw that rather than the Wicker Man burst into flames?! :p:D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.