2019: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WL18, 4th Nov 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSmiler

SWSmiler TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion
    Just retheme it back to Air. Can't be too hard. Just tear down that giant portal thing and repaint everything light blue, and maybe just to please those people who kept complaining about Air's tunnel, paint a big smiley face on the ground saying "There, you happy now TowersTimes?".

MattyH and DiogoJ42 like this.
  2. themeparkfan

themeparkfan TowersStreet Member

Two further things have come to me since my comment yesterday why don't they turn the park map into a "where's wally " type game "Find the non rollercoaster attractions! "
    Also a further game could be devised whereby guests can find attractions or their old site on the park but not on the map because they are closed or have magically disappeared for game stands.
    The place is a mess such a shame when I compare it to my visits in 2015 what a difference 3 years make .
    NOTE don't use the incident as an excuse as I'm sure the cut team already had ripsaw, NST and Charlie in their sights and the flume had to go because it was knackered .

DiogoJ42, Poopoohead and Kraken27 like this.
  3. Kraken27

Kraken27 TowersStreet Member

Look no further than the Main Admin offices on the right hand side as you go down Towers Street! All of the first floor is Admin Offices & any bit of the ground floor not occupied by Box Office / Corner Coffee is too. Or the Admin offices in the Magic HQ building!

Robert.W, djtruefitt and ringo like this.
  4. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Gotta plan those cut backs from somewhere ;)

DiogoJ42 and ringo like this.
  5. ozcool24

ozcool24 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Eh, personally I'm a much bigger fan of the theming of Galactica than that of Air. Air's theming was kinda lame in all honesty, with not much to it, at least Galactica has an actual theme, a space theme is far more interesting and fleshed out than... Air.

Mikw and Matt N like this.
  6. Prophecy

Prophecy TowersStreet Member

Personally I think the brand and style of Galactica is MUCH better than that of Air. Space really captures people's imagination, so it just works.

A shame the VR couldn't work long term, as I do think the idea has potential. But making the technology practical and affordable, whilst creating a streamlined, quality experience for guests is a long way off for a park like Towers.

Matt N likes this.
  7. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

So we're now going to have a space themed coaster that has a ride experience that has nothing to with space? This place gets more embarrassing by the day.

pluk, Sauron97, DiogoJ42 and 3 others like this.
  8. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I also prefer the Galactica branding to the Air branding and would like to see it stay, despite the removal of the VR. Even though the Air branding is arguably more iconic than Galactica's, I personally prefer the soundtrack and general aesthetic of Galactica.

9. Tibble

Tibble TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Who looked at that map and went "good work guys, that'll do us!"

Seems the laziness of Merlin has stretched far beyond the actual park to the point where they are giving the intern the job of adding the logos. Nothing about that map makes me desperate to go.

b2311e, DiogoJ42 and Robert.W like this.
  10. Marcus

Marcus TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Have just had two days at the park, adding from the no VR Galactica, Congo river rapids was drained and wasn't running yet this season (no waterfalls yet then!), battle gallions also wasn't running yet ( although you would have to of been mad to of ridden it in that weather!)

Not sure if it's new news but going by what staff told myself Smilers single rider queue is now in operation again, was told it had been brought back but this was the first time I had ever used it so didn't really notice if it had been gone previously. It seemed to be the only ride with it, did ask at spinball but pretty sure they aren't running with it, really hope they bring them back as they benefit everyone. Looked like some painting had taken place in smilers exit stairs. WickerMan at the end of the day was absolutely hauling round! Taking into account it was pre the begining of the season I had two very good days.

11. Tibble

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Id be very surprised if the waterfall was reopened - especially as DM are still being investigated by HSE

ozcool24 and ringo like this.
  12. MakoMania

MakoMania TowersStreet Member

Nemesis is an alien themed coaster with a ride experience that has nothing to do with aliens.

Mako is a shark themed coaster with a ride experience that has nothing to do with sharks.

It's just the way it goes.

b2311e, Matt N, Alsty and 5 others like this.
  13. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Exactly, I have no issues with the Galatctica theme remaining despite the lack of VR.

14. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

On the basketball court inside the Matterhorn
    Favourite Ride:
    It's a smal world
    As long as they do something about the awful Galatica tunnel in the Queue line. That was the worse bit of the re-theme as it was so covered in Graffiti!

15. spinba11

spinba11 TowersStreet Member

It’s been sorted.

16. Tibble

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    [​IMG]

TowersStreet posted this on twitter @MattyH - Not sure how well itll do against some d**k with a set of keys though

Matt N likes this.
  17. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Pity they dont take that down and just have the open bridge again

MattyH, b2311e, OilyWater and 3 others like this.
  18. Brad97

Brad97 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Montu
    The bridge uses to give some nice views of the ride, not sure why they thought the tunnel would be better.

OilyWater likes this.
  19. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

I suspect it was either add a tunnel, or add 6ft high fences and danger of death signs to the bridge as per the Merlin Ridiculous Fence Act (2016).

NemeTime, b2311e, OilyWater and 9 others like this.
  20. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    I cannot believe they're leaving TTQ to rot another year.

Who the hell has approved all of these FAILED projects?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

danni87, b2311e, Brad97 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.