• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They have also turned down the smiler lift hill 1 music.
They had a few complaints last year about sensory issues could that be why the music has been turned down on smiler and HEX?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Hex? You must be joking?

One of the best soundtracks in the park and it’s turned down for SENSORY reasons?

I just don’t get some people.

Now for the negatives. The coaster selection is fantastic. But other than Hex, there's not really much else to do. Rather than investing in another big coaster, I really hope that Alton Towers choose to spend that money on more flat rides, water rides, dark rides etc. The park could do with a good clean as well; Dark Forrest and the Oblivion queue line/station were looking particularly tattered. The less said about Duel and the Rapids, the better.

The lack of quality non coaster non cbbies attractions right now is just kind of sad. I love the coasters at towers but the lack of other things to do detracts from my enjoyment of the park substantially as there really isn't much to do once you get round the main coasters.

Look at tornado springs at Paultons, they are adding 2 new flat rides with their coaster and overhauling several of their old ones to compliment. Parks like lisiberg have shown with their recent flats that they can be highly themed and entertaining experiences .

Unless it's replacing Rita with a multilaunch I hope towers seriously considers adding more FREE non coaster attractions for their next major investment.

Craving flats for my first non alton trip of the year next week

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has already been posted on this forum elsewhere. Galactica has a new back story

Galactica
Blast through an advanced launch portal to a dimension beyond your imagination. Soar, spiral and glide in our iconic flying rollercoaster on an exhilarating expedition that frees you from the bounds of your earth forces.

The year is 3019. Deep in Forbidden Valley, a pocket of cosmic energy known as a wormhole was discovered. After extensive testing, it was proven that this wormhole could be harnessed for travel to other dimensions. The aerospace operating group, Galactica, utilised this worm hole to develop pioneering launch portal technology to take crafts of civilians further than they have ever imagined.

Board the AIR-WING 6000 craft, assume the position and commence the launch sequence. Build up enough momentum to blast through the plasma of the launch portal and enter new realms of galaxies. Soar over the Earth, spiral between the rugged vistas of Vega 10 and glide through the cosmic clouds of Espin on a sensational journey.

https://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/galactica/

I’ve got a similar problem at towers at the minute, was there last weekend and my daughter measured in at 119cm (how frustrating!!) so just short of wicker man etc but has been on the CBeebies rides for ages and is.l now bored of them which left us very little to do really

I’ve got a similar problem at towers at the minute, was there last weekend and my daughter measured in at 119cm (how frustrating!!) so just short of wicker man etc but has been on the CBeebies rides for ages and is.l now bored of them which left us very little to do really

Purchase shoes with a thicker heel or what I witness last season, just before leaving the x sector, a shifty looking family went behind one of the display signs and removed his child's shoes, I thought that she had acquired a stone in her shoe, no, the dad pulled out of each shoe a screwed up ball of napkins from each shoe. Poor child, it must have been uncomfortable for her to walk in with those wads of paper balls in her shoes :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I remember in around 2004/5 when Nemesis had to close for one day for emergency work on some footers and there was uproar. Rides were open every day of the season. Always.

Ah. The good old days.
Yes to be fair I don’t remember in my long gone youth going any where and having to bother if ride x would be running or not

Nothing says 'escapism' more than the growing presence of a tacky outsourced up-seller expanding their unwarranted and unwanted presence in a theme park (photos from TS Facebook):

56775822_2545281905542238_7375767107155263488_n.jpg
57170714_2545281938875568_5130312012433195008_n.jpg
57024036_2545282048875557_6757911232419725312_n.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.