• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nemmy after a good downpour was the most intense ride I have ever had. It was flying round and the helix--> corkscrew element was near grey out. It seemed about twice as fast!

Faster after the rain is good, faster during the rain just gives the rain drops more of oomph when they smash into your face

Ive developed a technique for riding coasters in the rain. Discovered on 10 very moist ERT Taron rides.

Make binoculars with your hands to protect your eyes. You can still see everything without the pain of the rain hammering your eyeballs.

Me on Taron:

tenor.gif

Ive developed a technique for riding coasters in the rain. Discovered on 10 very moist ERT Taron rides.

Make binoculars with your hands to protect your eyes. You can still see everything without the pain of the rain hammering your eyeballs.

Me on Taron:

tenor.gif
Like the glasses you made with your hands when pretending to fly around the playground in primary school.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I always recall going back row on Nemmie a few years back, about 9.30pm on scarefest, pitch black, been raining ...... Omg seriously I thought the thing was going to come off the rails. Intense is not the word!

Wow..... I challenge everyone to go on TripAdvisor and read the first 2/3 pages of reviews for RCR, Flambos, Secret Garden and Crooked Spoon.

I'm actually wondering if Alton have cut the food quality even more for this year judging by those reviews!!!!!

Wow..... I challenge everyone to go on TripAdvisor and read the first 2/3 pages of reviews for RCR, Flambos, Secret Garden and Crooked Spoon.

I'm actually wondering if Alton have cut the food quality even more for this year judging by those reviews!!!!!

Food quality is the same as last season which isn’t exactly amazing considering the price. Portion sizes are good in Secret Garden.

Was on park today. Very quiet day with brilliant operations.

Wickerman was often walk on, and on 3 trains, with dispatches so quick they were having to send out trains with only 3 or 4 people on them. longest queue i saw all day for it was ten minutes.

Nemesis and Smiler operations as slick as we've been used to recently. Really good day to go.

We’re off on Friday for the weekend. Do we think it will be busy?
Would expect it to be a little busier than at the start of of the week. I'd say the end of the week will always be a little busier with those people taking days off work to make a long weekend. Add to that the fact it's a BH weekend and I suspect it'll be busy(ish). Not packed, but busier than the last couple of days!

I suspect the weekend itself will be busier though, especially if the weather is good.

I always recall going back row on Nemmie a few years back, about 9.30pm on scarefest, pitch black, been raining ...... Omg seriously I thought the thing was going to come off the rails. Intense is not the word!
I did the same, but in torrential rain whilst I was on the ride. Incredible experience. Perhaps I'm just some kind of masochist.

I was once on Oblivion and it had a second seatbelt (I think the locking device wasn't completely working on this seat). Seemed better because it gave me a better adrenaline rush

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.