• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Thorpe has a ship called Mr Monkey's Banana Boat Ride, although it is a lot smaller than Towers and Chesington's.

Yes but that isn't the same model as Blade, which was my point. Towers also has the same boat in the area where the sealife is.

People would absolutely pay that or even more, people will pay anything to skip queues. I consider the VIP pass hugely underpriced for the same reason.

If we have to deal with people who want unlimited queue jumping the least Merlin could do to soften the blow for the rest of us is to charge them as much as possible for it. The last thing we need is loads of people getting it.
:(

:p

I thought I posted on this forum earlier on in the season that the priority pass are going to change. There are some new ones coming and the old ones won't be accepted as from next season. I can't seem to find that original post of mine.

Here is a pic of one from this season. They now have a year date printed on the upper left hand corner. I'm expecting that these old ones won't be accepted on the rides as from next season to stop people abusing/selling them. They will have to be displaying the correct date on them.

Xf7IBSI.jpg

I thought I posted on this forum earlier on in the season that the priority pass are going to change. There are some new ones coming and the old ones won't be accepted as from next season. I can't seem to find that original post of mine.

Here is a pic of one from this season. They now have a year date printed on the upper left hand corner. I'm expecting that these old ones won't be accepted on the rides as from next season to stop people abusing/selling them. They will have to be displaying the correct date on them.

Xf7IBSI.jpg

We collected these through the season and used them at scarefest as did a lot of others. If the new ones display 2019 then I’m sure we will do the same next year.

I read up about the unlimited fastrack for a year at thorpe, it sounds like a great idea, but it costs £400! This is ridiculous and needs to be reduced by half the amount for anyone to even consider buying it. I wish alton did this but even if they did it'd be a stupid price aswell

I was just thinking "well I cannot get VIP MAP why don't AT do a Platinum AP for £400-500" I would get that...

Yes but it seems like a heck of a lot for saying season pass is only £55
I’d much rather such a product is hideously over priced than priced reasonably.

Fastrack is the only thing that (if it isn’t free) should be priced stupidly. The higher the price, the more people will hopefully be dissuaded from buying!

Yes but it seems like a heck of a lot for saying season pass is only £55

It is for Alton only But i would like to pop into places when i am working away and go for a walk around and or a ride or 2.

If they did do something like a AT year platinum pass that they would need to limit the numbers of them, I liked the single per household as a semi replacement for single riders idea but as others have said it will need to be on to high side of 400-500 for it to not be detrimental to the rest of the people going to the park.. It would be interesting to see how many standard Platinum day passes they sell.

I liked the single per household as a semi replacement for single riders idea but as others have said it will need to be on to high side of 400-500 for it to not be detrimental to the rest of the people going to the park.. It would be interesting to see how many standard Platinum day passes they sell.

A single rider pass if used correctly for filling seats that will otherwise remain empty and therefore will not be detrimental to the rest of the people in the park, if anything, it will reduce the numbers in the queue lines. So there should be no need for these to be highly priced. The idea behind the single rider price, is to make it available at an affordable reduce price, otherwise a SRQ pass will be no difference to someone purchasing a full price FT and going on the ride all by themselves. So then there will be no point in having a separate SRQ pass available along side a normal FT pass if the price was the same.

A SRQ pass could be a free perk to premium pass holders (again a limit of one SRQ pass per house hold).

Last edited:
I would like to see an unlimited annual single rider queue fast track pass, they can charge £200 for these. I would propose that these are limited to 1 per house hold (after all these will be a single rider pass) but any member of your family will be allowed to use it as a single rider, not as a group. They would allow you to enter the fast track as usual, but at the batching, you will be held until a single empty seat is available, and there are plenty of free seats. You won't be holding up the main queue as you are simply filling up the empty seats that would have remained empty anyway. I would limit these to MAP holders only. It won't require any extra staff to operate it either. I think it will be a win win pass for everyone.

This could be a good replacement for the SRQ . The problem when the old SRQ system, was that they got abused by a whole group of people trying to use it as a free fast track, making the SRQ just a long as the normal queue lines on peak days.
Out of curiosity how was SRQ abused? We always interpreted it as "if you're happy to ride apart" and my family often use them when visiting theme parks.

As for a premium queue skip pass... Sorry this is going to come off as rude but if you need to skip the queues get a RAP otherwise you should wait in them with everyone else. I'm not into paying to put yourself ahead.

RAP is not a skip the queue system, nor should it be. People believing that it is is part of the problem with it.

Towers are very good at managing RAP so that it does not affect the main queue too much. This will lead to long RAP waits on busy days for popular/low capacity rides. If this were to change the main queue might not move at all.

RAP is not a skip the queue system, nor should it be. People believing that it is is part of the problem with it.

Towers are very good at managing RAP so that it does not affect the main queue too much. This will lead to long RAP waits on busy days for popular/low capacity rides. If this were to change the main queue might not move at all.
Sorry I think my post was unclear. I was trying to say, those that have a reason why they can't wait in the queue would be using the RAP anyway. Everyone else should wait in the normal queue (or single rider, if provided). I think fastrack is the problem, and it's down to greed. I disagree with paying to put yourself ahead theme parks are expensive enough as it is

I absolutely do not view RAP as a queue skip and don't want other people to think that either!

Out of curiosity how was SRQ abused?

I never saw it being abused, according to what could be loosely prized out of management by others, it seems they saw people in the SRQ queues talking to each other and assumed that meant they were in the same group and were going on together (sorry, if SRQ ever comes back I'll be quiet) rather than people bored of the wait who just happen to start talking to each other, and even if they were in the same group, I rarely saw them get on the same ride together, the ride ops were really good at stopping that, especially on Smiler.

Groups of people using single rider was never an "abuse" of the system. If riders were willing to split up to fill empty seats in order to queue for less time it's irrelevant that they came to the park together. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

Groups of people using single rider was never an "abuse" of the system. If riders were willing to split up to fill empty seats in order to queue for less time it's irrelevant that they came to the park together. To suggest otherwise is absurd.
Yeah that's how I interpreted the SRQ. Not that it matters now. Willing to ride separate and risk waiting a while if there are no spare seats

Out of curiosity how was SRQ abused? We always interpreted it as "if you're happy to ride apart" and my family often use them when visiting theme parks.

As for a premium queue skip pass... Sorry this is going to come off as rude but if you need to skip the queues get a RAP otherwise you should wait in them with everyone else. I'm not into paying to put yourself ahead.

It like anything, everything works in moderation. But when it becomes overwhelm, then it don't work. The same with SRQ, it's great when it's being used by single riders. But when you get large groups of people using it, even though they are prepared to split up, then the single rider queue line wait can be as long (and I've witness many times) even longer as a family member decides to use the SRQ while the rest of the family use the normal queue line, the family members that have entered the main queue line ends up getting on quicker than the family member that thought the SRQ would have been quicker :tearsofjoy:

It's about making the SRQ workable.

For me, the SRQ was always workable in the mornings, by the afternoon, they become useless.

The RAP should never be referred to as a means to skip the queue lines, they are there to make ride more accessible. Even when using the RAP, you have a time card and some queuing is required.

There is also the parent Q swap pass.

As a carer for a wheelchair bound wife who can't go on rides due to medical reasons, I can't really leave Jess for long lengths of time unattended, there is nothing available for us apart for me to pay for FT which I disapprove of. A SRQ was very useful for us.

Take the rapids as an extreme example, surely it would be better to put me in with a group of people as oppose to send a boat around almost empty with me as a sole rider? The main queue line would also benefit from this.

At the end of the day, I don't like seeing empty seats on rides, especially when the queue lines are horrendous.

I never saw it being abused, according to what could be loosely prized out of management by others, it seems they saw people in the SRQ queues talking to each other and assumed that meant they were in the same group and were going on together (sorry, if SRQ ever comes back I'll be quiet) rather than people bored of the wait who just happen to start talking to each other, and even if they were in the same group, I rarely saw them get on the same ride together, the ride ops were really good at stopping that, especially on Smiler.

To say the SRQ was never abused, I did see it being abused on many occasions.

I wasn't judging people as part of a group because they talk to each other in the queue line, we all do that, it was more that I would see group of people enter the SRQ that were together, and then when they get to the dispatching, they would somehow blag their way onto the same train and sit next to each other, this used to happen a lot on the smiler, especially when the main queue line got held up at the bagging hold and there was no one to fill the trains, so they would then batch the whole SRQ onto the one train.

would see group of people enter the SRQ that were together, and then when they get to the dispatching, they would somehow blag their way onto the same train and sit next to each other, this used to happen a lot on the smiler, especially when the main queue line got held up at the bagging hold and there was no one to fill the trains, so they would then batch the whole SRQ onto the one train.

In that case they need to train their staff on how to manage the queue lines properly, not scrap single rider lines because their employees can’t do their jobs.

However we all know the real reason for scrapping them was cost saving, nothing to do with ‘abuse’.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.