• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
No.....

....they been chopping back the trees around the resort for the past few years

No.....

....the Blade supports get removed every winter for maintenance, and each time people thinks the blade is going for good, only for it to return for the next season

Well that’s a bit crap then isn’t it- more accommodation and they still won’t open tree top. Idiots

They will fool us with blade one year mark my words

Well that’s a bit crap then isn’t it- more accommodation and they still won’t open tree top. Idiots

They will fool us with blade one year mark my words

TBH, I've no idea whether the treetop or blade will open this season, but with Merlin in control, who knows? I don't think that Alton Management even know the answer until the last minute when Merlin emails them

When Ripsaw went and it was sitting in the car park some people kept saying it was returning.

I think it’s already been said that with Blade Towers want it to operate next year but it depends if it can actually pass its winter inspection.

The ride is 30+ years old, has been moved a fair few times and rethemed. These machines have a finite life span.

This is a symptom of Merlins lack of flat ride investment for sure but there won’t be a direct “we want blade to go” instruction. It will either pass or fail it’s winter maintenance.

So I asked towers on twitter when they're going to announce opening times for theme park and they said 'in the coming weeks'. Now I don't know how reliable that statement is as they announced them last year early march. So when do you guys think they will announce?

So I asked towers on twitter when they're going to announce opening times for theme park and they said 'in the coming weeks'. Now I don't know how reliable that statement is as they announced them last year early march. So when do you guys think they will announce?
Very soon, HX have rough dates set.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Some affiliate paperwork I came across mentions it.
It could just be a typo but it's odd either way

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I might have missed a few pages before this reply, but i've bought my season pass for £55 squids. If the 'on the gate price' is £60 then that's fair enough IMO. They do enough offers and promotions that if people want to visit they only need to search to either, save a fiver on a season pass or explore the offers online and promotions and take advantage of it.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how many engineers towers has?
I work in an industry heavily relied upon for both operations and engineering (both electrical and mechanical). In my experience working with 9 energy from waste power generation plants, merlin won't just have an operational and mechanical team, they will have an experienced technical team which will include technical engineers in process, safety, electrical, mechanical and so forth.

So behind the scenes and to support the business there will be a team of professionals who's quantities, I'd say, cannot really be multiplied for a complete answer for you.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.