• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They killed the attraction the day they decided to cheapen it by putting lasers inside. The whole premise of a haunted house is that it is creepy or it gives you a bit of a scare. When you have that gun in your hands you just focus on the score and hitting targets instead. Completely defeats the point. Disneyland Paris would never put guns in Phantom Manor would they?

I hope one day it goes back to its former glory and they rip the shooting element out of it but I doubt they ever will. Ultimately a massive refurb on the HH won't draw crowds in and that's all they care about. Such a shame.

There is nothing but coasters, especially yesterday. Had a great day to be fair, but the blade and duel are the only real non coaster ride that's for audiences above 6/7. Granted enterprise and the rapids will open, but there is no thrill flat rides. Should be at least one in the three areas for older people, FV, DF and x sector. For now galactica, Nemesis, Wickerman, Oblivion and The Smiler are all that excite me enough to queue 20 minutes for really. 3 rides on nemesis, galactica and 2 on wickerman, as well as a ride each on the others.

There is nothing but coasters, especially yesterday. Had a great day to be fair, but the blade and duel are the only real non coaster ride that's for audiences above 6/7. Granted enterprise and the rapids will open, but there is no thrill flat rides. Should be at least one in the three areas for older people, FV, DF and x sector. For now galactica, Nemesis, Wickerman, Oblivion and The Smiler are all that excite me enough to queue 20 minutes for really. 3 rides on nemesis, galactica and 2 on wickerman, as well as a ride each on the others.
Something like samurai would do nicely!

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

I just want ripsaw back to be honest. Rather that than the blade. Whether that's controversial or not I don't know, but I've always got a feeling that the original #PrayForBlade is partly why we don't have ripsaw.

3 - Dungeons looked ok from outside, was amusing how many people where giving away the complimentary tickets yet no one wanted to take them off their hands. If as rumoured this is a temporary attraction then I have no major problem with it.
Complementary tickets?

I’m honestly not surprised. If I was at the park and got offered tickets, I wouldn’t want them. I’ve come all this way, I want to do the rides. Not enough time in the day to be faffing around in dungeons!

Its upsetting to hear about the park being in this state. Do they really thing they can rest on giving things a powerwash and abandon the rest of the park for a bit more cash through CBeebies?

I wonder when this will bite them on the ass for not improving the areas, lack of flat ride investment and lack of investment overall

Its upsetting to hear about the park being in this state. Do they really thing they can rest on giving things a powerwash and abandon the rest of the park for a bit more cash through CBeebies?

I wonder when this will bite them on the ass for not improving the areas, lack of flat ride investment and lack of investment overall

At the moment I wouldn’t say the park is in a state, there is a level of improvement from last season (certainly seems to have been a drive towards getting more areas jet washed and some repainting as well as opening up more F&B locations). There has clearly not been any further cuts this season.

The primary issue I can foresee this season is the cuts they made previously will show all the more because of increasing guest numbers than they did in 2016/ 2017, and Merlin won’t put their hands in pocket to reverse some of the cuts that would require big capex spends to rectify (buying flat rides).

The problem is that every 3/4 years everyone wants a brand new shiny coaster and they just cost so much money these days. Towers has a brilliant line up of coasters now. I'd say it's the strongest line up in Europe. Might not have a single one as good as Helix or Taron but overall the line up is very very strong with 3 B&M's alone.

I'm perhaps in the minority here but for the next SW project addition I'd quite like to see a brilliant dark ride added. A genuine world class trackless dark ride. Not another DBGT mistake I must stress.

As for thrill flat rides.....they aren't for me. Most of them leave me feeling unwell quite frankly. I love the gyro swings and 1 or 2 others but generally they just make me want to be sick. I can see why parks are moving away from these kind of attractions now. They aren't on trend.

The problem is that every 3/4 years everyone wants a brand new shiny coaster and they just cost so much money these days. Towers has a brilliant line up of coasters now. I'd say it's the strongest line up in Europe. Might not have a single one as good as Helix or Taron but overall the line up is very very strong with 3 B&M's alone.

I'm perhaps in the minority here but for the next SW project addition I'd quite like to see a brilliant dark ride added. A genuine world class trackless dark ride. Not another DBGT mistake I must stress.

As for thrill flat rides.....they aren't for me. Most of them leave me feeling unwell quite frankly. I love the gyro swings and 1 or 2 others but generally they just make me want to be sick. I can see why parks are moving away from these kind of attractions now. They aren't on trend.

They are not big draws but the add to the availability of things to do. Most other parks haven’t culled their flats to such an extent so don’t need to invest, Towers unfortunately has.

Towers has a brilliant line up of coasters now. I'd say it's the strongest line up in Europe
I would like to agree on that but I just can't. Nemmy, wicker man and smiler are the only 3 'world class' rides in my opinion. Yes galactica and oblivion are good, but nothing special. Th13teen and spinball are also decent and great for families. But as for rita well...

I would like to agree on that but I just can't. Nemmy, wicker man and smiler are the only 3 'world class' rides in my opinion. Yes galactica and oblivion are good, but nothing special. Th13teen and spinball are also decent and great for families. But as for rita well...

You think a park having 3 world class coasters, 2 good coasters and 2 great family coasters (all your words) is not a great coaster selection?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You think a park having 3 world class coasters, 2 good coasters and 2 great family coasters (all your words) is not a great coaster selection?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It is very good yes but not up there as one of the best in europe

Name a European park with a better line up......I'll wait

*Edit: There's a million good reasons to bash Towers and Merlin but the coaster line up certainly isn't one of them. Europa Park is a far better Theme park than Towers. Nobody sane would argue it isn't. However I'd still take the entire Towers coaster line up over Europa Park's line up. However they win everything else at a absolute canter.

Last edited:
I agree. Best collective of coasters in Europe, although it must be noted that they are aging now.

So Towers have nailed the most challenging and expensive part of having a world class park (the coasters) , but fail at almost everything else (family rides, dark rides, entertainment, shopping, operating hours, food and bev etc).

Realistically I think they will want to cull Oblivion at some point within the next 10 years. No doubt their line up is strong. If they improved on the flatties and upped the themes they could do really well.

Its very easy to bash TP as well but the theming around The swarm is imo one of the best areas Merlin have

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.