• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Are the travellers on site today?

We came last Easter Sunday and wondered why we couldn’t get in the priority cat park and there were police everywhere!

Pic posted on TowerStreet FB today will answer that

bRxcF9i.jpg

I agree with you on that one my 11 year old son does freak out with that pre show telling you that you are going to burn in the ritual so it's not the full family friendly as what people make out the same for 13 as the background music and tesla coil can scare some kids! I guess it's just the height restriction that makes people say family friendly

Towers are so into the family market that they've closed 5 family attrations in the last few years, replacing one with a 1.2mtr height restricted coaster themed around being burned alive and another with an upsell horror themed dungeon. They've also turned their family rapids ride into a boring gentle boat ride and shrunk one of their family areas and left it looking abandoned.

But then we did get Peter Rabbit for pre schoolers to compensate so....

Good point the cuts did hit the family offering. I guess it's how you define family
Some families have kids 7 years plus so a bit old for teletubbiees, Peter rabbit, go jetters and the like

One last question. I've noticed that the river rapids seems to have largest queue times recently. Is this due to weather or slow throughout due to new doors?

Because they don't fill the boats up. They started this last year. The loading turn table still turns the same speed regardless of weather or new doors.

The lack of flat rides is interesting, but I think it is all down to staffing. A flat ride needs one or two people to run it. Look at Wickerman - they have 5 - 7. Nemesis on a quiet day has 3. So, if the ride department needs to keep staff constant, a large attraction (coasters) will require staff to come from somewhere.

Because they don't fill the boats up. They started this last year. The loading turn table still turns the same speed regardless of weather or new doors.
When I asked for it to be slowed down today they said it can’t be slowed down which I’m guessing means that with the new doors even able bodied people need it on slow to get on/off.

I was under the impression that Intamin rapids turntables had three speeds? Heard it from someone round here...?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.