• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop - Junior Drop Towers for CBeebies Land

Most likely means not enough information was provided in the application or something was not yet compliant, so it was not a valid application. Very unlikely they would reject the application this quickly, it's probably just an administrative thing.

Alton Towers have submitted a planning application for "the installation of 2 No. of Junior Drop Tower rides with an associated queue line".

My guess would be 2 frog hopper style rides in CBeebies Land, but we'll have to wait for the documents to be uploaded which will be after Christmas now.

Does Alton not have any permitted development rights then? My only knowledge of this is from the Dreamland campaign days and no permission is required for anything under 15m I think.

Does Alton not have any permitted development rights then? My only knowledge of this is from the Dreamland campaign days and no permission is required for anything under 15m I think.

Yes AT also have designated areas
  • Katanga Canyon and lake around Flume station
  • South and east sides of Forbidden Valley, incorporating Nemesis, Air and Ripsaw (but not Blade or Nemesis: Sub-Terra)
  • Dark Forest and Cloud Cuckoo Land
  • X-Sector
Maximum height of 25metres

Article on the planning restrictions here.

As there are no documents on the website, that could be the reason it's currently "invalid".

These things usually take a bit of time to be uploaded after being submitted to the local authority, hence why the actual application goes on the site before the documents do.

So potentially not an error on either party's behalf, just something that happens.

As there are no documents on the website, that could be the reason it's currently "invalid".
Maybe but isnt it usually 'Decision pending' or 'Received, pending approval', something like that, when applications are first submitted?

It may not be a mistake, could even be just a first step before the full information is supplied to the council, at which point it becomes valid?

Either way, I'm sure it doesnt really mean anything at this point.

Hmmm... they did say they were in contact with the toadstools manufacturing company for a refurbishment for 2019. ( this being Zierer) Maybe, if they are refurbishing the toadstool, they are also installing the drop towers as part of a deal? Who knows...
That is a very valid point if they are redoing toadstool maybe they will throw in a couple of drop towers in there as a thanks for using us 'gift'

That is a very valid point if they are redoing toadstool maybe they will throw in a couple of drop towers in there as a thanks for using us 'gift'

Yes, this will have been the email sent from Zierer after they finished laughing looking at the cheque Towers wrote to them for the Toadstool refub when the sum is larger than for a brand new Wave Swinger.

The full docs are now up on the council website.

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=127678

It's two Frog Hopper style drop towers shoehorned into CBeebies Land between Mr Blooms Allotment, In the Night Garden and Tree Tom Fu.

It's not 100% clear but the documents suggest this is a second hand ride, presumably from another Merlin park. At first I thought it might be the Chessington ones but on second glance it's not (if the image is a reflection of the ride that is, not just a representation).

Edit: this appears to be named 'Project HipHop' which may give some relevance to the CBeebies show it will be themed to. Since I have no idea what shows are on CBeebies I'll pass on trying to figure that out.

I presume this means Frog Hopper will be no more? I would suggest this means the closure of CCL entirely for 2019? They can't possibly keep it open with just Driving School and the Carousel. Can they?

Last edited: