• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop - Junior Drop Towers for CBeebies Land

Images for those who don't want to go trawling. Click to enlargen (that's what he said):

Close up of layout:
29854237be30954385cc000e3f3a25c9.png

Tower spec:
50104271_1533713356760637_5541351931827453952_o.png

Been a while since we've had a hard on for fences so here:
fc6796e975c418898206ba94bc768435.png

And finally a look at the theming provider:
1070d267b3ac4045dec1606e2b041fc2.jpg

Are the fences 1.1m or 1.3m? Somebody seems to be confused when submitting their documents...

And the drop rides look a bit like the ones from Chessington to me. @AT86, what makes you think they're not?

Are the fences 1.1m or 1.3m? Somebody seems to be confused when submitting their documents...

And the drop rides look a bit like the ones from Chessington to me. @AT86, what makes you think they're not?

It was that hideous fence in the picture, I think the Chessington ones have a picket fence. But it could be a generic picture and doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be those Chessington ones I guess.

Mr and Mrs Roper need not be worried, their ears will be safe. ;)
In terms of operational noise as a junior sized ride of modest proportion, the new attraction will not have a negative effect on the Alton & Farley conservation area through noise. The height of the attraction stands at circa 6.2m.

It comes to something when the public comments section is more entertaining than the actual application, one of them was from Sesame Street! Btw, I'm not sure whether the Ropers even live in Alton village anymore.

And here's a photo of the proposed ride for anyone that is interested.
2mcae06.jpg

How come we're all jumping to these being used drop towers, out of interest? They could be brand new; plenty of parks have two of a certain type of attraction!
EDIT: I've also changed the topic title now we have a project name and an idea of what this ride will be!

How come we're all jumping to these being used drop towers, out of interest? They could be brand new; plenty of parks have two of a certain type of attraction!
EDIT: I've also changed the topic title now we have a project name and an idea of what this ride will be!

The planning document insinuates the towers are already located at another park hence the assumption they aren’t brand new.

Figure 4 in the "design and access statement" document is captioned:

"The ride elevations and the proposed ride currently in situ in another theme park"

I'm not sure where the photo is from though or whether it's of the ones that are going to Towers. It's definitely not of Chessington's treetop hoppers, it's clearly not one of the Legolands and I'm not sure if either Heide or Gardaland have frog hoppers.

My knowledge of the Sea Life Adventure Parks are limited, but could it be possible that they are originating from one of those? Given Thorpe's second hand tat came from one and the desire Merlin have to close down the Adventure Park aspects of some of the Sea Lifes, it seems reasonable to believe that could be their source location.

49896476_2188671754723854_5068590785474068480_n.jpg

Last edited:
As Dave says, this is a fine low cost addition. No more than fine, not really much less. At least there are two of them to help slightly with capacity.

It is an addition that lacks imagination though. I would have much preferred two Zierer Family Freefall Towers which are really good fun but would no doubt have cost rather a lot more than two second hand frog hoppers.

As Dave says, this is a fine low cost addition. No more than fine, not really much less. At least there are two of them to help slightly with capacity.

It is an addition that lacks imagination though. I would have much preferred two Zierer Family Freefall Towers which are really good fun but would no doubt have cost rather a lot more than two second hand frog hoppers.
Add the fact that parents can't ride with their kids.

To be fair this seems pretty inoffensive. It increases the capacity of the ride from the current 6 seats to 14, adds a proper queue line and I suspect will be better themed and presented than the current Frog Hopper so you can’t really argue with that.

I am struggling to believe they will keep CCL open with just two rides though so if they do close the Carousel and Driving School then that will mean less overall capacity with kids rides in the park, and even less to do for those between CBeebies and 1.4m.