2020: Europa-Park General Discussion

Discussion in 'EuropaStreet Discussion' started by venny, 11th Jan 2020.

1. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    That looks brilliant, hope they keep it. Blue Fire has really grown on me, it's a great coaster.

skyscraper likes this.
  2. John_P

John_P TowersStreet Member

I see from the info on the video that it'll be standard on the back carriage of the weird blue fire Clone being built in Australia. Imagine it'll be mad with the rocking launch system and the vertical spike.

skyscraper likes this.
  3. Burbs

Burbs TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Hopefully won't be permanent at Europa, as much as I'd like to try it! Back row would no doubt have a separate queue line and then you've got row 9 removed to accommodate the spinning, so in addition to the front row queue it becomes a 7-row train.

skyscraper likes this.
  4. CSLKenny

CSLKenny TowersStreet Member

Its not permanent these tests were carried out in July. However given Michael Mack's description of EP's next coaster as being a mix of ride types at EAS 2018 I do also wonder if a purpose built installation of this will find its way into EP eventually. Presumably as an upcharge like VR or DC Rivals'backwards last row for capacity control.
    https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/2023-new-rollercoaster.4527/#post-240276

skyscraper, AstroDan and Burbs like this.
  5. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

It'd be quite cool if you could control the direction of spin from a joystick on the restraints.

6. Funcone

Funcone TowersStreet Member

There's a new interview with Roland Mack in English.

Next year they're introducing a new restaurant concept, which can apparently be rolled out at other theme parks and cities around the world. Presumably like they've done with Food Loop. I'm intrigued to see what it is, because Food Loop was a very innovative concept.

Aardvark747, venny, AstroDan and 2 others like this.
  7. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Really worthwhile watch. It had a few moments of hilarity in, too! Grab a beer and settle down for an hour with Roland in your front room.

Interesting to note the €40m investments "on hold" and the new F&B concept coming in 2021...!

Funcone, AT86, Danny and 1 other person like this.
  8. Funcone

There have been a few interesting videos with Europa Park recently. Michael Mack did an interview at Bloo Loop's virtual conference. There's a really interesting documentary about making Rulantica at IAAPA's virtual expo and then this.

Looking at it from a UK perspective and from a post Me Too perspective, I did feel a little uncomfortable when the conversation moved onto Miss Germany. But the video's well worth a watch. Roland Mack is clearly a very intelligent man, to be fluent in three languages, have a doctorate in engineering and such business acumen.

skyscraper and AT86 like this.
  9. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

I agree. Great video, but yes, this section was a bit uncomfortable.

Funcone and skyscraper like this.
  10. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

I like how Roland Mack is the head of one of the biggest theme parks on the planet yet still finds the time to do an interview on someone's YouTube channel that has 212 views.

Last edited: 26th Nov 2020 at 8:45 PM
    Dan, Plastic Person, Jonathan and 4 others like this.
  11. Funcone

It’s Dennis Speigel’s Youtube channel. He’s a past president of IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions), and runs a company that does feasibility studies and master planning:

http://www.interthemepark.com/dennis-l-speigel.html

I don’t agree with his political views, but he is a big cheese in the industry. In his next episode he’s interviewing Amanda Thompson from Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

It is interesting that on Youtube there are quite a few talks and interviews with high profile people in the industry that have very few hits. Recently I was watching a talk by Joe Rhode, who was the lead designer for Animal Kingdom. The video had been up there for several years, but it didn’t have any more than a couple of hundred views.

Then there’ll be someone’s Disney vlog where they’ve wandered around Magic Kingdom waving a Go Pro and it’ll have 200,000 views. A lot of the more analytical stuff doesn’t tend to get the hits.

12. CSLKenny

CSLKenny TowersStreet Member

If anyone wants to buy one of the Christmas Trees that should have been decorating Europa Park this winter: :(

13. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Oh god, that is so so sad. Winter season at Europa-Park is such a magical time, I am going to miss it so much this year. I really feel for the Mack family and all of the staff, it must be gutting.

CSLKenny and Burbs like this.