• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think capacity is being kept low initially, but it wouldn’t surprise me if with time, they do gradually increase the numbers and really harness the 1m+ rule. I would not be at all surprised if we see face masks becoming mandatory to enter like in some foreign parks before too long.

I think capacity is being kept low initially, but it wouldn’t surprise me if with time, they do gradually increase the numbers and really harness the 1m+ rule. I would not be at all surprised if we see face masks becoming mandatory to enter like in some foreign parks before too long.
I agree, I'm also thinking based on Alton wanting me to discuss mask excemptions over email not messenger they are planning on their own mask excemption passes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's incredibly important to remember that "1m+" isn't a case of shorten everything to under 2m - it is for when it's not possible to keep a 2m distance (i.e in a theme park's case on rides).

On the whole, the park has already got measures in place to cope at a 2m level. The 1m+ simply helps them to manage ride capacity much more easily as they don't need to drop out as many rows/seats as before.

Masks are not comfortable to wear for the duration of a theme park visit when you're trundling through a theme park. Away from the comfort issue, especially over the course of the Summer the mask will just end up getting drenched in sweat and therefore ultimately useless anyway.

I agree, I'm also thinking based on Alton wanting me to discuss mask excemptions over email not messenger they are planning on their own mask excemption passes.

I wouldn't look too much into this. It's more likely that the questions from guests are being collated so that they can be discussed with the park's health and safety staff to respond to you directly or form more FAQs on the website.

The changes announced today are pretty much as the resort expected, therefore the information they've already provided is what will pretty much stand for the moment.

But do we think that the 1m+ rule could potentially allow them to let more people into the park if, for example, they made face masks compulsory like some parks abroad have?

But do we think that the 1m+ rule could potentially allow them to let more people into the park if, for example, they made face masks compulsory like some parks abroad have?
I think they will aim to optimise ride capacity with the lower park capacity first to see if things work then once they are confident scale up park capacity.

As I said I don't think they'll make face masks across the resort compulsory. It's just not a feasible thing to ask everyone to adhere to, and from a h+s point of view it essentially renders them useless.

What the 1m+ rule does allow for is potentially more capacity on coasters. That means they could potentially allow more people into the park long term as overall more people can get on rides hence queues will ultimately be lower.

Remember, the "mitigation" requirements for 1m+ is not just just wearing a mask - that's just one method. It can be hand sanitiser, increased hand washing availability and perspex screens. The mitigation factor for Towers is not just masks on rides, the major one is facing away from each other in addition to a mask.

I don’t think Spinball should be too much of a problem; most households tend to fill a Spinball car anyway!
The issue lies with small groups/solos, I fully expect Alton to forget to publicly state what rides will be inaccessible for them.

From FAQ page:

Guests over the age of 6 will be required to wear a face mask on the following rides:

• Nemesis, Galactica, Oblivion, The Smiler, Wicker Man, Rita, TH13TEEN, Enterprise, Blade, Runaway Mine Train, Marauder’s Mayhem
Where's spinball?

Where's spinball?
I think even if it was 2 separate households the fact the seats face away from each other could be the main factor as to why they wont be needed.
Might sound a dumb question, but theres no need to wear a mask around the whole park is there if we choose not to? Just as long as we have it on the rides that are listed?

Hang on a minute though, so one household group per car but what about single riders? They can't send cars around with just 1 person so does that mean they're not allowed on

Hang on a minute though, so one household group per car but what about single riders? They can't send cars around with just 1 person so does that mean they're not allowed on
Maybe they'd look for a group of 2 and then a single rider to fill a third seat and just have that car with 3 people

That's exactly what I expect.
I fully expect not to find out what rides im allowed on until I'm at the station of the ride and being refused.

I think even if it was 2 separate households the fact the seats face away from each other could be the main factor as to why they wont be needed.
Might sound a dumb question, but theres no need to wear a mask around the whole park is there if we choose not to? Just as long as we have it on the rides that are listed?

Current rules are only for wearing masks on the listed rides. Elsewhere I would assume regular 2m social distancing, or whatever is the recommendation at that time, will be sufficient.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.