• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As much as I hate the use of unnecessary plastic, it would be best if they could cover the blasters in a clear bag, remove the bag and put on a fresh one each time.

Having said that there are other rides out there, such as Buzz Lightyear that need blasters so someone must have figured out a good method you would hope.

As much as I hate the use of unnecessary plastic, it would be best if they could cover the blasters in a clear bag, remove the bag and put on a fresh one each time.

Having said that there are other rides out there, such as Buzz Lightyear that need blasters so someone must have figured out a good method you would hope.

Or just make you wear disposable gloves, like on street mission at portaventura.

But it’s really bad for the environment.

Surely they'll have to stop the cars in the station to clean the blasters, as they won't have enough time with the cars moving, especially when they already have limited time to load and unload guests?

I've said this a lot on this thread already, just provide alcohol gel before and after boarding, clean the hands not the guns. Then if you really want to be careful, turn left into the toilets and wash using soap and water.

What's off this season?
Still no trommel. Not many targets on. Lighting on too high so you could see how some of the effects worked.
Edit: guns stopped working early so I couldn't shoot the targets in the last couple of rooms.

Last edited:
Still no trommel. Not many targets on. Lighting on too high so you could see how some of the effects worked.
Edit: guns stopped working early so I couldn't shoot the targets in the last couple of rooms.
The trommel's been broken for years. Doubt it'll ever be fixed unfortunately.

I still don't understand how Merlin can 'improve' a ride by making it worse.

this wasn’t even Merlin, the recent work on Duel was driven by the park.
They improved the soundtrack to be fair and some effects work better but it’s mainly the lighting that has suffered. The guns stopping too early was happening last year so no idea why that hasn’t been fixed as it should be a simple timing issue.

this wasn’t even Merlin, the recent work on Duel was driven by the park.
They improved the soundtrack to be fair and some effects work better but it’s mainly the lighting that has suffered. The guns stopping too early was happening last year so no idea why that hasn’t been fixed as it should be a simple timing issue.
They did fix it last year, this is the first I've heard of it being broken again.
Edit: it=guns

I’ve noticed some of the queues have been huge since Alton re opened. Do you reckon there’s a bit of overestimating going on or are the queues actually taking as long as estimated.

Obviously some increase is expected, just didn’t expect two hours with reduced capacity.

I’ve noticed some of the queues have been huge since Alton re opened. Do you reckon there’s a bit of overestimating going on or are the queues actually taking as long as estimated.

Obviously some increase is expected, just didn’t expect two hours with reduced capacity.
Is this where I say called it?

It seemed obvious they would push right up against their capacity so the queues would end up longer, seems to be the case at other merlin parks as well

From what I've gathered, it seems to be a real mix. Some queue times are accurate, some are overestimated and sometimes it can be higher than stated. Look of the draw I guess, if a queue time has just been updated its probably more likely to be accurate, but if it hasnt been updated in 30-40 minutes then it's anyones guess.

From what I've gathered, it seems to be a real mix. Some queue times are accurate, some are overestimated and sometimes it can be higher than stated. Look of the draw I guess, if a queue time has just been updated its probably more likely to be accurate, but if it hasnt been updated in 30-40 minutes then it's anyones guess.
I noticed at least on the smiler they seem to have switched the iPads off, have Alton moved to the THORPE ROC style of one central person controlling all queue times? This could explain part of the weirdness.

Be even harder to gauge as well I guess with all the social distancing in place.

Be even harder to gauge as well I guess with all the social distancing in place.

Indeed. During these time I would recommend taking little to no notice of queue times for anything other then a very general indication of how busy a ride is.

With the current restrictions in place the park will have basically no way of accurately knowing what the queue times are, since all the traditional ways of calculating this are now redundant. Partly because of the randomised nature of how people are spaced in the queue lines and partly because there is no way of knowing how many people will be on each train until it is departing.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.