• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Going next Friday, think I have a plan in place to try and be efficient with the day and get as much done as possible, seems The Smiler or Wicker Man would be best options to start/end on. Only other ride I'd like to be open by then is Hex!
Agreed, as soon as Hex opens I'll consider going. :p

Going next Friday, think I have a plan in place to try and be efficient with the day and get as much done as possible, seems The Smiler or Wicker Man would be best options to start/end on. Only other ride I'd like to be open by then is Hex!

I think a majority of people go to Wickerman first, so you might be better to wait until later in the day.

Now that there seems to be a plan to open the Dungeons with distancing, maybe they will start marking out distancing boxes for groups on Hex too. But it does seem harder to operate easily and safely without ruining the experience with too much light. Unfortunately I really see Hex being one of the last experiences to open.

I think a majority of people go to Wickerman first, so you might be better to wait until later in the day.

Now that there seems to be a plan to open the Dungeons with distancing, maybe they will start marking out distancing boxes for groups on Hex too. But it does seem harder to operate easily and safely without ruining the experience with too much light. Unfortunately I really see Hex being one of the last experiences to open.
Yeah I think so too! Counting out Cbeebies though, it IS the last one to open now. Might not be impossible, will have to see.

Hex is too dark for tape on the floor, unless they used glow tape. Will be interesting to see how they do it.

If they can time it then could have higher light levels when moving into rooms and then dim them for the shows. I assume this is the plan for the dungeons.
I think this would be a good idea to be honest, and can see it being something that they would do.

Ahh, I wish I could be bothered to go back and quote all the people who said "no, Thirteen won't be opening 'cause they're not allowed to use water dummies at the same time as guests" :tongueout:
They probably weren't, wouldn't surprise me if the delay was certification related.

I really thought it just wouldn't open at all, I'm impressed.

I wonder if they're heavier than the average guest to get around the "minimum 18 passengers" requirement. If not, they'd presumably still need no more than 2 empty seats on the open rows (5 rows?) which seems operationally challenging at the moment.

Has anyone any idea what allocation of tickets Towers set aside for The Sun offer? I've just gone to book online and there is not a single date with tickets available for the remainder of the 2020 season. (Yes, I know I should have been online last Friday to book... but work and all that!)

It was in the small print of the newspaper at the start of the offer, detailing all the numbers, but I didnt keep it, sorry.

It was in the small print of the newspaper at the start of the offer, detailing all the numbers, but I didnt keep it, sorry.

Thanks for that - I did keep the pull-out for the offer. It's actually in quite large print (way larger print than most of the booking form) at the bottom of the booking form on the back page. 3800 tickets available for school holidays / bank holidays. 22572 tickets for weekend dates. So a very limited offer this year, which is understandable.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.