• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
State of the park aside, I think there’s too much unavailable at the minute.

in CBeebies this weekend, no Octonauta, Justin’s, Mr Bloom, Charlie & Lola’s or Furchester. That’s about 30% of what’s on offer in there.

in the main park, the frog hopper has gone, as has the carousel, being re-themed. For my 6yr old, we could barely fill his day.
I appreciate the indoor attractions are Covid related, but the can’t keep charging what they do and delivering so much less.

And even if the queue times are over-stated, they’re still letting too many in the park. On Saturday and Sunday, an adult would have done well to get the main coasters done. But, given the lack of flats, there’s nothing else to take the punters away from the 75 minute queue for the coasters.

State of the park aside, I think there’s too much unavailable at the minute.

in CBeebies this weekend, no Octonauta, Justin’s, Mr Bloom, Charlie & Lola’s or Furchester. That’s about 30% of what’s on offer in there.

in the main park, the frog hopper has gone, as has the carousel, being re-themed. For my 6yr old, we could barely fill his day.
I appreciate the indoor attractions are Covid related, but the can’t keep charging what they do and delivering so much less.

And even if the queue times are over-stated, they’re still letting too many in the park. On Saturday and Sunday, an adult would have done well to get the main coasters done. But, given the lack of flats, there’s nothing else to take the punters away from the 75 minute queue for the coasters.

and most of these issues are not Covid related.
The lack of the indoor childrens play areas does make sense for that reason.
But the park really should have invested in more filler rides, as I said a few posts ago, they are down by four flat rides over the last 20 years with no replacements, of course this will make the coaster queues too long.
and I really don't get why the carousel is closed at the moment.
They really need to invest in rides and shows for 6-10 years olds, Gangsta Granny is a start but they need much more, the loss of the Ice Age show is a huge gap in the park. As well as replacing all the more thrilling flat rides such as Ripsaw.

and most of these issues are not Covid related.
The lack of the indoor childrens play areas does make sense for that reason.
But the park really should have invested in more filler rides, as I said a few posts ago, they are down by four flat rides over the last 20 years with no replacements, of course this will make the coaster queues too long.
and I really don't get why the carousel is closed at the moment.
They really need to invest in rides and shows for 6-10 years olds, Gangsta Granny is a start but they need much more, the loss of the Ice Age show is a huge gap in the park. As well as replacing all the more thrilling flat rides such as Ripsaw.
The carousel is closed because they don't want people in walliam yet.

Enterprise has been closed for a few days and now seems to have been removed from the queue times section of the app - suggesting they expect it to be closed for a while perhaps?

Not great given the lack of flats and much needed capacity at the moment.

The carousel is closed because they don't want people in walliam yet.

But given the carousel has barely changed from last year, it is just a repaint, what is the point in not opening it, other than making the guest experience worse.
I get wanting to "save" Gangsta Granny for next year, but for the existing rides, they really should be open.

But given the carousel has barely changed from last year, it is just a repaint, what is the point in not opening it, other than making the guest experience worse.
I get wanting to "save" Gangsta Granny for next year, but for the existing rides, they really should be open.
For all we know there could be weird restrictions in the licensing agreement and we all know merlin are too cheap to repaint it knowing it will only be for a season.

For all we know there could be weird restrictions in the licensing agreement

That makes some sense I guess.

It still isn't a good thing thoigh as leaves another hole in the ride line-up this year.

I'm not sure Alton Towers is worthwhile as a family day out anymore even without the Covid issue. No shows, not enough rides for older children, only coasters for adults.
For families with children under 10, Chessington is probably a better day out if they didn't have the capacity issues.

Enterprise has been closed for a few days and now seems to have been removed from the queue times section of the app - suggesting they expect it to be closed for a while perhaps?

Not great given the lack of flats and much needed capacity at the moment.
Again! That doesn't boad well for enterprise I don't think. The ride is old and difficult to maintain as it is, so if it comes to keeping it but having to do a lot more maintenance, or just removing it, I know what Merlin will pick

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.