• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
He's talking rubbish tbf. Another lie.

Of course you will be more exposed to catching the virus in crowded places.
I'll admit, it certainly surprised me as well. But Boris is getting this from a firm that the government hired to look at their coronavirus battle plan, and they know better than I do, so I trust what he's saying. I have full faith in our government and health experts to do what's required to stem this virus.

On a non-virus related note, as I'm worried enough about the virus, what ride is everyone planning to go to first on their first visit of the season? I'm thinking Wicker Man for myself, as I haven't ridden it since September 2018!

I'll admit, it certainly surprised me as well. But Boris is getting this from a firm that the government hired to look at their coronavirus battle plan, and they know better than I do, so I trust what he's saying. I have full faith in our government and health experts to do what's required to stem this virus.

On a non-virus related note, as I'm worried enough about the virus, what ride is everyone planning to go to first on their first visit of the season? I'm thinking Wicker Man for myself, as I haven't ridden it since September 2018!

Got to be Nemmy! I’ve missed her like mad! Always quiet first thing too.

Got to be Nemmy! I’ve missed her like mad! Always quiet first thing too.
Ooh, there's nothing quite like a ride on Nemesis to start a day at Alton Towers, which is why I always loved having the ride on ERT!

Although that being said, I'd argue that Wicker Man is equally as good of a ride to have on ERT!

I've got ERT so I'm gonna head for Wickerman, nothing beats those flames early in the morning.

Due to it being my partners first time on anything of any size, probably RMT or WM on ERT aha I’d it were up to me it’d be Nemmy or blivvy. Gotta wake up one way or another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to it being my partners first time on anything of any size, probably RMT or WM on ERT aha I’d it were up to me it’d be Nemmy or blivvy. Gotta wake up one way or another

Any ride is better than no ride at all, I suppose!

I haven't actually ridden in the back in some time, but front was really good last time I rode! I'd recommend the front, even though it does sometimes cause a longer wait!
there's just no hope for some people, the young will never learn :rolleyes:
I've got ERT so I'm gonna head for Wickerman, nothing beats those flames early in the morning.
and this too :tearsofjoy:

lest Nemmy will be quiet , more rides for me

I wish Wicker Man had been there when I was younger. I always think it would be a brilliant introduction for someone who isn’t used to coasters. It’s intense enough for you to know whether you want to go on another one and to give you a thrill, but not so intense that you get scarred for life.

lest Nemmy will be quiet , more rides for me
It's right at the back of the park, so presuming everyone gets drawn into the queues for Wicker Man, Spinball and the other rides near the entrance, you could get a good marathon in if you wanted to!

I wish Wicker Man had been there when I was younger. I always think it would be a brilliant introduction for someone who isn’t used to coasters. It’s intense enough for you to know whether you want to go on another one and to give you a thrill, but not so intense that you get scarred for life.
Scarred for life is the only way to go....

My introduction was Rockin Roller Coaster and then Nemmy. A damn fine introduction that scarred me for life in the best possible way

Oblivion is a great starter coaster, being scary but short, if you can convince them. :)

Oblivion is a great starter coaster, being scary but short, if you can convince them. :)
Biggest issue with blivvy is going to be wind speed at 70mph as she suffers with asthma but hopefully a scarf round the face should help :)

Surprised I’m the only one mentioning Th13teen so far, in it’s 10th year and have always rated it well as a solid Family Attraction, Can’t believe it’s been 10 Years! will be my first towers coaster of the season for sure.

Corkscrew used to fit that category of a good first coaster. Now Thirteen isn’t too bad as long as they aren’t scared of the dark.

Corkscrew used to fit that category of a good first coaster. Now Thirteen isn’t too bad as long as they aren’t scared of the dark.

Yes, Corkscrew was actually my first coaster but I remember being a bit scared about going upside down. It was a great introduction though and I was straight to Nemmy afterwards! Thirteen is a good introduction but as you say, it is meant to be a bit scary and it isn’t immediately obvious what it is. I reckon I would have been terrified of it as a kid! But I was an easily scared child so it might be just me!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.