• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020 TS Meet Up Calendar: ALL REMAINING MEETS CANCELLED

I'm curious to know if our lovelly hard working team will be officially postponing any meets? I was thinking the other day that I should really crack on and book a hotel for North Meet... but right now I don't think that's going to happen.

I understand that most people have been working on the basis of "I won't cancel any plans until the event / attraction / tour company / whatever tell me it's cancelled". But surely in light of today's news, now is the time to put all planned trips on hold?

I like to think there's a COBRA style emergency team meeting happening right now. ;)

I'm curious to know if our lovelly hard working team will be officially postponing any meets? I was thinking the other day that I should really crack on and book a hotel for North Meet... but right now I don't think that's going to happen.

I understand that most people have been working on the basis of "I won't cancel any plans until the event / attraction / tour company / whatever tell me it's cancelled". But surely in light of today's news, now is the time to put all planned trips on hold?

I like to think there's a COBRA style emergency team meeting happening right now. ;)
Wouldn't surprise me. :p

I suspect we will know about open meet very shortly? Bit hard to say for the rest given the time scales the virus may either grow or reduce.

Following the updated guidance from the UK Government around Covid-19, we’ve taken the decision to postpone our opening meet at Alton Towers.

We realise how important it is to follow the advice on essential travel and avoiding large crowds, and so we hope to reschedule our meet when the risk of Covid-19 transmission is lower.

At present all other TowersStreet meets are going ahead as planned, but we’ll continue to assess the situation in line with updated UK Government advice on travel and large gatherings. If you are booking accommodation in advance for future meets, we would recommend booking flexible rates in case they need to be cancelled.

We’d love to see some good come out of the cancellation of this weekend’s meet, so if you can please consider donating to your local food bank. There are many vulnerable people who are reliant on them, and recent panic buying has resulted in stocks at many food banks running dangerously low. Check out your local food bank’s Facebook page to see if there is anything they urgently require.

TS NORTH CANCELLED

We have decided to cancel the TS North weekend due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis. The weekend meet was set to visit Flamingoland and the City of York from 8-10 May 2020. At present, all other TowersStreet meets are going ahead as planned.

The next scheduled meet is now TS Summer Meet on 4th July. However, should the current restrictions ease before then, it is possible that we would arrange a short notice 'opening' meet on the weekend of, or immediately after, the park opening.

If you have accommodation booked in York, please cancel it.

Last edited:
A shame, quite enjoyed the jaunt around York last time. Any likelihood of this being rescheduled?

A shame, quite enjoyed the jaunt around York last time. Any likelihood of this being rescheduled?

All is possible.

As is a meet down south, i.e. like last year's Epsom weekend and so on.

It all depends. As soon as measures are lifted, no doubt weekends will be arranged!

Last edited:
Our 4th July summer meet at Alton Towers is CANCELLED.

This is not because we have inside knowledge that the resort will still be entirely closed on this date, but it is to support social distancing.

We hope our Blackpool meet can be a triumphant return to meetups late in August, but will review this situation nearer the time.

Our 4th July summer meet at Alton Towers is CANCELLED.

This is not because we have inside knowledge that the resort will still be entirely closed on this date, but it is to support social distancing.

We hope our Blackpool meet can be a triumphant return to meetups late in August, but will review this situation nearer the time.
I CANNOT WAIT for socially distanced popworld

The TowersStreet team are really sorry to announce that the late August summer meet at Blackpool Pleasure Beach is CANCELLED.

Unfortunately, whilst we had hoped that the situation would have improved more rapidly in terms of larger social gatherings, the current government guidance simply doesn't allow for TowersStreet to promote a large gathering of people from a number of different households.

We still hope that our Oktoberfest meet can go ahead in September, but will aim to make a decision on this towards the end of August.

We are aiming to give one month's notice as to whether or not our meetups will go ahead as planned for the forseeable.

:(

Official Meet Update: 19th August 2020

It is with regret that the TowersStreet team have come to the decision to cancel all remaining official meets for the 2020 season and, therefore, calendar year.

We have, at all times, held out hope that as the year progresses, our meets could take place as planned. However, as time has moved on, it has become increasingly clear that this is not going to be the case. With many of our meets involving overnight stays, the lack of clarity has caused difficulties for people booking to stay. In addition, the government guidelines which seeks to limit multiple households meeting together means that TowersStreet cannot endorse our meets.

Clearly, we are not in a position to stop anybody going to experience these events in their own, smaller groups - but for 2020 at least - it's over and out from a meet-up perspective.

We are, at least, able to cling on to the one meet that did take place at the resort in February.

We hope that our meets can return in spring 2021. As soon as they're permitted be in no doubt - they will be back!

Thank you.

giphy.gif

That statement is more professionally written than the government guidance that is forcing you to cancel.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

AstroDan for Prime Minister.

In all seriousness, though, I think the best and most pragmatic decision has been made, as tough as I'm sure it was. I think I speak for all of us when I say 2021 needs to be the best year for meets in our history to make up for what we've lost this year.