2021: Europa-Park General Discussion

Discussion in 'EuropaStreet Discussion' started by Jambo, 5th Jan 2021.

1. CSLKenny

CSLKenny TowersStreet Member

Europa Park's press release marking the end of the season for Traumatica's successful return. They also confirmed the event will return for 2022.

Source

Will be interesting to see how it works with the construction of Croatia and the BigDipper looming - while the coaster planning permission shows it barely touches the event site you'd assume the only possible space for the themed area would be alongside where Traumatica is right now.

Poisson, AstroDan, Matt N and 2 others like this.
  2. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Traumatica needs an overhaul. I didn't even bother with it this year: I mean, there are some positives but the event is tired. Lots of it still feels too temporary when you are there, and I think a resort of EP's calibre could step it up a gear.

CSLKenny likes this.
  3. Poisson

Poisson TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    Isn't the thought that they might build Croatia with some permanent parts underneath/behind for Traumatica? Either way it was brilliant fun this year.

4. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    It's fine for first timers. But it's barely altered in 5 years now.

Yes - hopefully...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

5. Marcus

Marcus TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Arrived earlier today in Rust today and had a lovely meal in La Romantica in hotel Colosseo which was lovely and quite a few of the Christmas Decorations are up already. There was live music as well which was a lovely surprise as I assumed all of that had stopped. Would add as a minor gripe that the Gluten free options are a touch limiting which wasn't idea for my girlfriend who has celiacs but fortunately the one main that they said they could do for her was fantastic.

A few slight observation from this evening. From what we could see all three of the hotels that are joint together looked completely closed which was news to us as I knew alot of the bar and restaurant offerings are currently shut but didn't expect the entire hotels to be shut to which was sad to see. The only bar in the section with the 5 hotels that we found open was the bar on the right hand side of Colosseo across from reception. Looking forward to getting back on park tomorrow after over 6 years away.

6. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    I would imagine the three smaller hotels will re-open at the end of this week, as we're currently in this strange "Hallowinter" period, which historically would have seen the smaller hotels closed.

Either way, enjoy! I bet the place will be absolutely empty this week.

Marcus and Skyscraper like this.
  7. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    The idea of "Hallowinter" is an amusing one. The pumpkins were past their best when we visited between the 24th and 27th October, but by now I imagine they're positively ROTTING.

Last edited: 21st Nov 2021
    Craig, Poisson and NuttySquirrel like this.
  8. Rocket

Rocket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Wickerman
    Having Visited last week, it was definitely a “transition phase”. With by the end of the week the park basically being all Christmas. One day Euromir had it’s Halloween music, on our last days it was a Christmas remix song. Same at the entrance, on Day 1 there were the mummies, they were gone day 2.

9. Marcus

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Thanks Dan for the explanation we did potentially think it might be down to that. We will be exploring throughout our days here so will keep posted on how busy the park is and if bits like the silver lake saloon are open etc. We did notice pretty much all the Christmas Decs were up in Hotel Colosseo but not all of them switched on yet but it still was so amazing to finally see in real life as well as going into Bell rock which looked amazing just had a strange atmosphere as all the lights were on inside but we didn't see anyone else in there the entire time we were in there.

Can't wait for the park today, August was the time of year I visited last time so I feel it's going to be a bit of a contrast.

10. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

You have to admire the chutzpah of 'Hallowinter'.

Rowe likes this.
  11. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

On the basketball court inside the Matterhorn
    Favourite Ride:
    It's a small world
    Can't go round saying they have no chutzpah

Stevie and Funcone like this.
  12. Marcus

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    Just want to add November has been a fantastic time to visit if you don't mind it a bit cold but enjoy an empty park. I am not exaggerating when I say everything has been walk on or station walk in and that's with Silver Star and Wodan on one train! We found the whole experience a tad surreal especially when the fee people who were at the park left a good 3 hours or so before closing making a quite park even quieter.

It was the same in Rulantica today with next to no queues for anything. We have a third day tomorrow which although for some would be overkill there are still a number of bits we have missed and who doesn't want another day of countless rides and shows all with the fantastic Christmas backdrop!

P.S. still without a doubt the best park I've been to!

AstroDan, Jim, D4n and 3 others like this.