• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I visited the other day for Lightopia and have to say I was disappointed compared to last year. I felt that this year the route felt more bare, disjointed and a lot of lights were either broken or dirty / damaged. It definitely didn't have the wow factor last year's had. Last year you went through sections of the seasons, animals, fantasy etc but this year it was just a mash up missing some impressive effects from last year. If you've never been I'm sure you'd find it enjoyable but last year was 10/10 and I'd say this year was a 5/10.

On the subject of steps they have installed a lift next to the gardens conservatory for people with pushchairs and wheelchairs.
The lift was there when I went, but pushchairs aren't permitted to use it (might be dependent on the member of staff).

There were also still some props/lighting in the car park that hadn't been installed either. Odd.

Am I correct in thinking that Ian Crabbe served as both Divisonal Director for the Resort Theme Park division as well as the Divisional Director for Alton Towers?

Could it be that both roles have been split again under the new leadership?

Am I correct in thinking that Ian Crabbe served as both Divisonal Director for the Resort Theme Park division as well as the Divisional Director for Alton Towers?

Could it be that both roles have been split again under the new leadership?

Whilst Ian Crabbe has been Director of Resort Theme Parks Francis Jackson has been General Manager, before that when Ian was DD for Towers there was no General Manager.

I believe since Ian Crabbe is based at Towers there was no need for a DD whilst he's there maybe?

General Manager was apparently a Covid-era role sitting between Divisional Director and Operations Director, merging the two

Looks like they're now returning to the previous structure with a Divisional and an Operations Director

It says on Merlin's website that Ian will stay as theme parks Managing Director for another year

General Manager was apparently a Covid-era role sitting between Divisional Director and Operations Director, merging the two

Looks like they're now returning to the previous structure with a Divisional and an Operations Director

It says on Merlin's website that Ian will stay as theme parks Managing Director for another year
Oh yeah, I can see on their website that Ian Crabbe is planning on retiring in 2024 and Fiona Eastwood, the current COO of Midway attractions is now taking on Resort Theme Parks as well

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.