• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Not sure this entirely justified having its own topic, so it seemed an appropriate time to start up the next annual General Discussion™ thread.

Outside of February Half Term next year, the theme park has been hired out on Sunday March 6th 2022 by KidsPass:

ec16163d6db8f99ec5c39dd7931f9916.png

Never heard of them before, but it appears to be a membership scheme (monthly or annual) for families on discounted cinema trips, theme parks etc.

Not sure this entirely justified having its own topic, so it seemed an appropriate time to start up the next annual General Discussion™ thread.

Outside of February Half Term next year, the theme park has been hired out on Sunday March 6th 2022 by KidsPass:

ec16163d6db8f99ec5c39dd7931f9916.png

Never heard of them before, but it appears to be a membership scheme (monthly or annual) for families on discounted cinema trips, theme parks etc.
I was wondering when someone was going to start a 2022 thread. NIce to see my first annual discussion thread creation since I joined the forum at what is nearly my 6 month anniversary of joining the site.
In terms of the park being booked out, it does really surprise me. There's been sell out days in the past and I imagine they'll be a few more before the park opens for the season properly in mid March.

On another note do we know if a February half term event is taking place? Do you think it should? What rides might be included? Themed to kids or adrenaline?
Personally, I'm really not sure as to whether we'll see one or what the focus might be on.

Kids pass do £1 trial months. I suspect you might need to retain membership until March to receive the tickets, to stop anybody "taking advantage" of that and just buying these tickets ☹️.

what happened about new rides in alton towers for 2022
From what I can tell, 2022’s main focus is looking to be in CBeebies Land, with at least 2 visible construction sites seen in there at the end of the season.
we want congo river rapids open for 2022
I think it’s very likely that Congo will be back open in 2022, personally. Chances are it just had some kind of issue towards the end of the season.

Also, these appear to be your first messages, so welcome to TowersStreet @Emily weaver!

Even if it is good for the environment it'll be a shame to loose them. When I was younger and we'd go alton towers for our yearly visit I'd always keep the maps. Unfortunate they got thrown away about 5 years ago by mistake or lost somewhere (well I can't find none of them anyway).

I dont want to sound like an annoying kid saying the same thing everywhere, but something needs to be done with Katanga Canyon and Gloomy Wood for next year as it'll be both the areas 30th anniversaries. Thankfully it seems that some effort is being done for next season for Conga River Rapids, Runaway Mine Train hasn't changed a bit since opening day, and is in great condition. Though, I can't say much for Duel as it seems from the amazing Lightopia that nothing seems to be happening around it. I don't needs to repeat what I think needs to be done to Duel next year... Fingers crossed that this changes when the event is over.

These 2 areas are in my opinion some of the most important in the Parks History as they were practically the beginning of The Alton Towers we know and love today. If they weren't built, Alton Towers would still be either defunct, or a large funfair.

Though, I can't say much for Duel as it seems from the amazing Lightopia that nothing seems to be happening around it. I don't needs to repeat what I think needs to be done to Duel next year... Fingers crossed that this changes when the event is over.

If anything were happening with Duel (not that I think it will be) then it wouldn’t be visible from Lightophia anyway, it would be in the show building and backstage areas where anything of note would be going on.

If anything were happening with Duel (not that I think it will be) then it wouldn’t be visible from Lightophia anyway, it would be in the show building and backstage areas where anything of note would be going on.

I'd pay quite a bit to do that! When was the last time they did Behind The Scenes tours on Duel? I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I remember coming across old behind the scenes photos of Duel that dated around the mid 2000s on the Internet somewhere.

Not sure where to post this but as most people would see this next season I thought this thread... spotted yesterday that the faded pole sign logo at the security/staff gate has been replaced with the updated logo. Not sure how long it has been there but didn't notice it earlier this year

Not sure where to post this but as most people would see this next season I thought this thread... spotted yesterday that the faded pole sign logo at the security/staff gate has been replaced with the updated logo. Not sure how long it has been there but didn't notice it earlier this year
Aww, well I hope they keep the old logo at the main entrance.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.