• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022 Speculation and CBeebies Land additions

Something popped up on my newsfeed this morning, which seems like it could be relevant. Merlin are launching a standalone Peter Rabbit attraction at Blackpool next year.

It got me wondering, if Merlin are already working on more in depth Peter Rabbit attractions/theming elsewhere, might an extended Peter Rabbit area in CBeebies land be a possibility? Peter Rabbit as an IP would lend itself to an adventure playground and the types of attractions they are developping for Blackpool also seem play based.

Not to mention his current attraction is right next door and a second Peter Rabbit attraction would mean they're not paying out for an extra IP, which certainly seems like the sort of thing Merlin would do.

Something popped up on my newsfeed this morning, which seems like it could be relevant. Merlin are launching a standalone Peter Rabbit attraction at Blackpool next year.

It got me wondering, if Merlin are already working on more in depth Peter Rabbit attractions/theming elsewhere, might an extended Peter Rabbit area in CBeebies land be a possibility? Peter Rabbit as an IP would lend itself to an adventure playground and the types of attractions they are developping for Blackpool also seem play based.

Not to mention his current attraction is right next door and a second Peter Rabbit attraction would mean they're not paying out for an extra IP, which certainly seems like the sort of thing Merlin would do.
This sounds fairly likely to me. A sort of Peter Rabbit sub-land inside of CBeebies Land and I think it could work quite nicely. Sounds very possible and logical to me.

Wasn’t sure where to post this so apologies if it’s the wrong place, but there’s been a planning application submitted to repair and maintain the Swiss Cottage and to potentially reopen the building for f&b/memorabilia purposes.

This development is quite personal to me because when my grandad moved to the U.K. from Jamaica in the 50s to join the army as a chef, his first job once he left service was as a chef in the Swiss Cottage restaurant - a job he had until he retired. I’d love to have a nosey around in there!

Edit: planning URL here: http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=155244

Last edited:
Wasn’t sure where to post this so apologies if it’s the wrong place, but there’s been a planning application submitted to repair and maintain the Swiss Cottage and to potentially reopen the building for f&b/memorabilia purposes.

This development is quite personal to me because when my grandad moved to the U.K. from Jamaica in the 50s to join the army as a chef, his first job once he left service was as a chef in the Swiss Cottage restaurant - a job he had until he retired. I’d love to have a nosey around in there!

Edit: planning URL here: http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=155244
That's really good news. I've always thought it was massively underused and I'd love for it to be in use again.

Interesting they have used an old site plan with Corkscrew on it.
Yeah that does seem a little odd. Along with CATCF too! Its clearly a very old site plan which I’m surprised has got through to be published.

That said though, out of all the things I thought that Alton Towers would be doing for 2022 and beyond, this was not one of them.

Yeah that does seem a little odd. Along with CATCF too! Its clearly a very old site plan which I’m surprised has got through to be published.
It's not too unusual for older site plans to be used for the 'location plans' in AT planning permissions. I'm guessing they have an agreement with the local authotiry regarding what maps they are allowed to use for this purpose.

Those more detailed 2006 plans still turn up occasionally on applications but more often than not I think it's a 2014 plan that is used now.

It's not too unusual for older site plans to be used for the 'location plans' in AT planning permissions. I'm guessing they have an agreement with the local authotiry regarding what maps they are allowed to use for this purpose.

Those more detailed 2006 plans still turn up occasionally on applications but more often than not I think it's a 2014 plan that is used now.
That's really interesting. I do have a question though, do you know how often they commission a full park map that's suitable for planning applications because you suggest its quite rare? You think they'd do it fairly often, such as whenever there's a decent size change?

That's really interesting. I do have a question though, do you know how often they commission a full park map that's suitable for planning applications because you suggest its quite rare? You think they'd do it fairly often, such as whenever there's a decent size change?

I don't rightly know tbh. From observation one seems to appear roughly every 8 years, but I couldn't tell you if that is on a regular cycle or if it is just related to upcoming developments (for example in order to apply for Thirteen they needed a map that included Rita)

I don't rightly know tbh. From observation one seems to appear roughly every 8 years, but I couldn't tell you if that is on a regular cycle or if it is just related to upcoming developments (for example in order to apply for Thirteen they needed a map that included Rita)
Yeah I think your probably right. Id say 8 years or whenever a big development that requires the change. I do think its odd they are aloud to submit applications with slightly wrong information

I remember at the end of the 2020 season there was a guy who came into the bar area drawing up plans for the bar and I was told they intended to use it as an F&B outlet full time as they use to

Photos I've just taken down in CBeebies Land. The banners now have chalk boards and visuals on.

Playground equipment still present behind.

Has any sort of removal taken place, or is the play area still exactly as it was at the end of 2021?

Sorry, I only ask because it’s a little hard to tell with all the snow on the ground in the above construction photo.

There’s certainly been some unexpected news/changes over the past couple of days. Swiss Cottage refurbishment…Towers Street Bar and Grill open again…next thing we’ll see is some construction walls going up around Air’s tunnel and planning approval for a cross valley coaster :D

Joking aside, both of these enhancements were totally unexpected from my perspective but they undoubtedly will enhance the overall experience.