• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022 Speculation and CBeebies Land additions

Thanks for taking the pics @Danny. It looks like they've already made good progress in the past couple of weeks.

Based on what we could see in the pic over the fence these areas marked in red have had their equipment removed:
Tree Fu Tom Replacment.jpg
For all those Tree Fun Fans out there, that's the Spell School, Twig's Treetop Adventure and Tom's Leafboard Challenge areas that have been cleared out.
So it's clearly big enough for a Driving School circuit now then? It'd be a shame to loose a play area if this is the case. Many may say that a simple playground is not the kind of thing people go to a theme park for but I don't think the impact of letting young kids mess around and play after expecting them to wait in long queues for rides all day should be underestimated.

Purely speculative at this stage of course. Could be a Peter Rabbit playground being installed as part of a wider area in the corner of Cbeebies Land for all I know.

Out of interest, did anything come from the other construction work happening by Charlie & Lola? What is that area like at present, if anyone’s been near there?

Here's the pic TS posted on Facebook yesterday (pic by Danny):
261657580_6386561118080945_8817383060639273114_n.jpg
Ah, so still not too much happening there, then! Or at least, not too much that's visible... I wonder what could be behind the fence, as I know that did have construction signage on it towards the end of the season?

Yes so effectively we could see two new attractions in cbeebies land for 2022? We haven't seen something in cbeebies for a while now so I'm not against this at all. It'll be interesting too see what they do with the two sites.

Yes so effectively we could see two new attractions in cbeebies land for 2022? We haven't seen something in cbeebies for a while now so I'm not against this at all. It'll be interesting too see what they do with the two sites.
I did hear someone suggest that there were going to be multiple new attractions in CBeebies for 2022, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did!

I know this says nothing about what's happening next year, but I found it comical that the title music for Charlie and Lola, Tree Fu Tom and Mr Blooms allotment were all prominent playing in Cbeebies Land today. All franchises that currently don't have any attractions open in the area.

Anyway, in terms of 2022, I noticed a couple of things about Towers Street Bar and Grill today. The toilets, although still maintaining some of their 1970's style charm, had been freshly painted ahead of reopening yesterday. You could still smell the paint. Throughout the venue, brand new permanent looking "Towers Street Bar and Grill" titled fire evacuation notices had been installed on the walls, not temporary stickers or generics which you would expect them to use. Does this indicate a permanent reopen next season. I certainly hope so!

I hope with the possible relocation of the Driving School,The World Of David Waliams is expandect the expansion will open next season. I wouldn't be surprised if the UG Bugs ride returns. This ride has been stored on-site for over a decade. Due to the ride being easily transportable and based around Flying I am expecting to see it. The ride could swiftly be rethemed to Grandpa's Great Escape. In addition I suspect a permanent replacement for Flavio's Fantastic Fandango has been purchased. Should this be the case this will also most likely open on the land the Driving School would have vacated. Does anyone know if Twirling Toadstall left the Alton Towers premises? I ask as depending on the answer it is likely this could also return.

I cannot believe CBeebies Land is being remodeled less than 8 years after opening. I went to CBeebies Land with my then 4 year old Sister back in 2014. It looked like an expensive investment and one Alton Towers would maintain for decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot believe CBeebies Land is being remodeled less than 8 years after opening. I went to CBeebies Land with my then 4 year old Sister back in 2014. It looked like an expensive investment and one Alton Towers would maintain for decades.
This is Merlin we're talking about, they seem to have a hobby of leaving old rides and areas that aren't new to rot. At least Cbeebies Land is getting something done, Unlike OTHERS (Looks at Katanga Canyon and Gloomy Wood just rotting with overdue maintenance.)

Last edited:
This is Merlin we're talking about, they seem to have a hobby of leaving old rides and areas that aren't new to rot. At least Cbeebies Land is getting something done, Unlike OTHERS (Looks at Katanga Canyon and Gloomy Wood just rotting with overdue maintenance.)

This is why i have advocated for a retheme of the Haunted House and possibly an IP used (Ghostbusters). Personally would rather see it returned to the original Haunted House without an IP but as we know that won't bring in the punters. The GP aren't going to get excited about that so Merlin won't go for it.

Rapids is the same. Needs rebranding and more effects being added and existing ones repaired. Only way I see them doing that is when they eventually do retheme / rebrand it.

Cbeebies is a highly successful franchise for the park and shows on the channel change with the times. Merlin constantly evolving the area to move with the times is a good thing and I wish they did this with the rest of the area's in their parks.

Cbeebies itself isn't totally immune to rot mind, Charlie and Lola has been abandoned for a while now and the Nina building looked terrible yesterday. Walliams World is also a brand new IP and the whole area including the building the new signature attraction is actually situated in opened in an unacceptable condition, not to mention that GG itself is also looking a little worse for wear just one season into operation. So small little and often investments and upgrades into Cbeebies is something that should be welcomed. I just wish they adopted this strategy wholesale throughout their RTP estate .

I know this says nothing about what's happening next year, but I found it comical that the title music for Charlie and Lola, Tree Fu Tom and Mr Blooms allotment were all prominent playing in Cbeebies Land today. All franchises that currently don't have any attractions open in the area.

Anyway, in terms of 2022, I noticed a couple of things about Towers Street Bar and Grill today. The toilets, although still maintaining some of their 1970's style charm, had been freshly painted ahead of reopening yesterday. You could still smell the paint. Throughout the venue, brand new permanent looking "Towers Street Bar and Grill" titled fire evacuation notices had been installed on the walls, not temporary stickers or generics which you would expect them to use. Does this indicate a permanent reopen next season. I certainly hope so!
I think that's quite likely and a very positive move. Merlin don't want all these extra stalls on the lawns as they are missing out on revenue. Reopening Towers bar & Grill which happens to be located not far from the stage on the lawns sounds like a very sensible decision to me. They can then reduce the amount of outsourced stalls. In fact in the coming years I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a few of the other towers street building used for similar purposes. I've always thought Alton Towers should have a subway style sandwich shop which would be great on towers street. I actually would prefer it in forbidden valley in the old café next to ripsaw which was discussed in this thread not long ago.

Alton Towers must make a fortune on food so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see more food venue's open. I can't be the only one who struggled to get food on park on a busy day last year. There simply wasn't enough places to buy unless you were on towers street.

Alton Towers must make a fortune on food so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see more food venue's open. I can't be the only one who struggled to get food on park on a busy day last year. There simply wasn't enough places to buy unless you were on towers street.

Nope, this is why I always bring my own food into the park, excluding drinks. A standalone burger there could get you a whole Mcdonalds meal. Yeah, great value...

Nope, this is why I always bring my own food into the park, excluding drinks. A standalone burger there could get you a whole Mcdonalds meal. Yeah, great value...
Oh it's awfully expensive but people expect that at this point. We usually take a packed lunch however didn't one day last year and it took us ages to get food. If they had something like a subway with similar or even a little more expensive prices I think it would be very popular.

I’ve just come across this on the Alton Towers website Share massive giggles, mega thrills and major glee with your family in 2022 at Alton Towers Resort! As well as amazing new attractions, the Resort will be hosting fantastic events and entertainment for the nation to enjoy!
“New attractions” are mentioned, this comes across as there will be multiple new additions. Personally I think that the “new attractions” will be new rides in The World Of David Williams and CBeebies Land.

How do you all interpret Alton Towers saying “new attractions”?

I’ve just come across this on the Alton Towers website Share massive giggles, mega thrills and major glee with your family in 2022 at Alton Towers Resort! As well as amazing new attractions, the Resort will be hosting fantastic events and entertainment for the nation to enjoy!
“New attractions” are mentioned, this comes across as there will be multiple new additions. Personally I think that the “new attractions” will be new rides in The World Of David Williams and CBeebies Land.

I'd say it would be two attractions in cbeebies land as I believe there work going on in a few sites around there.

CBeebies are getting two apparently