• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022 Speculation and CBeebies Land additions

Maybe a new trio of the Retro Squad?

@Trooper Looper I have a feeling that Alton Towers have purchased new permanent attractions. I suspect a couple of these will be located in an expansion of The World Of David Williams and some in CBeebies Land. I am placing my bets that one of the new attractions will be Cuckoo Cars Driving School rethemed,and relocated to the area previously occupied by the Tree-Fu Tom play park. I wouldn’t be surprised if the others are permanent additions as well. Possibly one of the new attractions could be a new Twister that will be permanently located at Alton Towers.

In terms of the changes in CBeebies Land for 2022, is there any chance of Rocky Express being moved to Alton Towers? Merlin have form in this regard with Peter Rabbit coming from a Sealife park - if the ride is serviceable and can be themed to a CBeebies show (Chuggington for example?) it would be a cheap way to get a new ride in and something to market for 2022.

In terms of the changes in CBeebies Land for 2022, is there any chance of Rocky Express being moved to Alton Towers? Merlin have form in this regard with Peter Rabbit coming from a Sealife park - if the ride is serviceable and can be themed to a CBeebies show (Chuggington for example?) it would be a cheap way to get a new ride in and something to market for 2022.
You know, I could see that happening actually! :)

Who else thinks that Rocky Express,Timber Tug Boat and Lumber Jump from Thorpe will arrive at Alton Towers next year. I think that Rocky is bound for The World Of David Williams or CBeebies Land. My hypothesis is that Cuckoo Cars Driving School will be rethemed and relocated to CBeebies Land and Rocky Express will be rethemed to one of David Williams’s books and will take the Driving Schools location.

Who else thinks that Rocky Express,Timber Tug Boat and Lumber Jump from Thorpe will arrive at Alton Towers next year. I think that Rocky is bound for The World Of David Williams or CBeebies Land. My hypothesis is that Cuckoo Cars Driving School will be rethemed and relocated to CBeebies Land and Rocky Express will be rethemed to one of David Williams’s books and will take the Driving Schools location.
Towers don't need Timber Tug Boat or Lumber Jump as they already have a rocking tug ride and two spring towers. However I could see Rocky Express fitting into Cebeebies land though! :)

If Lumber Jump ended up at AT then they'd have 4 versions of that ride (2 for PRHH) and they already have Heave Ho - they won't be relocated to AT, I've never been more sure of anything.

For what it’s worth, Thorpe said in their consultation that they would be trying to retain at least one of the rides.
The website does actually say all three will be removed and replaced with the new coaster.
EDIT: Apologies as well, just realised this isn't Thorpe's thread so I won't make any further comment on it on this thread.

A couple of new playground construction shots from today from over on the TS Facebook:

267522850_6471033499633706_8217969518812041645_n.jpg

267335604_6471033519633704_3905914353364096629_n.jpg

It's quite interesting that of all of the items installed in the cleared part of the playground, they've decided to just keep that one shade structure in place.

Also, it now looks like a large portion of the back fence of the playground has been removed (you can now see the backstage of Big Fun Showtime in the distance.

Has everyone seen the alton towers twitter in the past couple days? Someone @ 'd AT in response to Thorpe's announcing asking what they had planned and they responded 'something much more thrilling'. Very interesting considering Thorpe are building the tallest coaster in the UK.

Has everyone seen the alton towers twitter in the past couple days? Someone @ 'd AT in response to Thorpe's announcing asking what they had planned and they responded 'something much more thrilling'. Very interesting considering Thorpe are building the tallest coaster in the UK.
Yeah that is intriguing. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what SW9 turns out to be. :)
(Rhyme unintentional :p)