• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

What small improvements are we making on the park itself? Well... not a lot!
I love hearing this in your voice.

I'm sure there'll be a new piece of artwork hanging in the Pope Café.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Sam
@Cheese and I miss the deep voiced narrator, he was always a highlight of the English dubbed Novelties :cry: But I'm still cracking up at us being shafted for Liechtenstein for the relocated balloon ride.
Agreed. Although it was good to be able to watch the video in English, the lack of the usual "we've changed 25 million bed sheets" narrator was somewhat troubling. Alas!

In the final photo you can see the extensive work that has been taking place on the Santa Marian ship which is being partially re-built. The hole in the ground toilet is gone (forever? Who knows) but hopefully this indicates that the Magellan Lounge will open once again in 2023.
As well as the rebuild of the deck; a new more prominent entrance has been created. Would suggest hopes to have it open more from now on.
index.php

Source

Great news - that’s got to signal the intention to reopen at some point. I always thought the previous entrance was particularly convoluted.

A designer for MackNeXT has shared an original concept art for the Balloon carousel's new home as part of the English themed area before they decided to switch to making it a mini Liechtenstein area.
It would have featured fountains and been in the style of a historic British pier amusement park.
IMG_7939.png

Source

Last edited:
A shame they didn't go down that route rather than the political/tourism tie in with Liechtenstein. Would have given the English themed area some extra character.

It does seem like creating a whole new area for one ride really is shoehorning it in. That proposed theming concept would have also tied it into the English theme. As it is now, I’m not at all sure how the balloons relate to Liechtenstein.

It would have worked as well, but in reality there is not much difference to the actual situation. I do not see, where this is more interesting than the Liechtenstein scenario (except for the English, of course :) ). So why not create a new land if you see the opportunity.

Last edited:
A bit of solace: If you look at satellite photos on google maps etc, you see a large unused area behind England. I am sure that this could be used one day for an expansion of the English land, if the right opportunity comes along. I don't know if it already belongs to the Park or the Mack family (Roland Macks house is adjacent), but even if not, such a thing can be changed.

A bit of solace: If you look at satellite photos on google maps etc, you see a large unused area behind England. I am sure that this could be used one day for an expansion of the English land, if the right opportunity comes along. I don't know if it already belongs to the Park or the Mack family (Roland Macks house is adjacent), but even if not, such a thing can be changed.
That is Roland Mack's backgarden

They did say the new coaster was at one point going into the UK area, so there must be some area of land available there for the station and queue.

Personally I'm glad they didn't try to squeeze it in over the UK area when the other side of the park has far better development opportunities. But a signiture ride for the UK like a dark ride feels like a must one day. If the tiny Italian area can fit in Geisterschloss and Scandinavia and Greece have Snorri and Adventure Atlantis respectively a signiture UK ride wouldn't be too hard.

I think the main issue with the UK area is that although it's quite large only the tiny section at the back feels like the UK, with the cars, carousel and football arena not really feeling part of the area. The whole land could benefit from what they did to the French area when Eurosat was rebuilt.