2023: Mack Big Dipper (Rollercoaster)

Discussion in 'EuropaStreet Discussion' started by Bert2theSpark, 23rd Sep 2017.

1. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Pleasure Beach Valhalla TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Oh yh fair enough I keep forgetting how many areas they have I even forget they have a luxembourg themed area sometimes!

2. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

Luxembourg themed paving circle

3. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

I guess it would make sense to get a big extreme spinner, hopefully in a brand new area, also as much as I hate dark merlin themes, it would be good to see EP take on a a dark theme and area, I would certainly build it where the tramatica area is, and build all the mazes in to the area, even if they are only used for Halloween, it would be good to have a permanent area.

Then a year or two later they can lose Euro-Mir and build something new in that area.

4. emmerse2891

emmerse2891 TowersStreet Member

If the new-gen water coaster at Nigloland is successful - I can see Poseidon getting the next refurb treatment, retracking/reprofiling/ new boats/cars, I can't see the theme changing much as it's so dominant to the whole Greek land!

I'm going to call it now that a New country will be Poland and be built on some of the Traumatica land - this would make sense too next to Russia, and a thrill coaster with a similar tone to those at Hansa park (dark/castle) themed - perhaps Macks take on the infinity coaster (if the big dipper was in response to Gerst's Eurofighters).

5. CSLKenny

CSLKenny TowersStreet Member

Its long confirmed that it will be on the Traumatica site.

Once the new coaster is open to take the crowds in that section of the park; Euromir will then close for its refurbishment I believe.

Charlie Newbold likes this.
  6. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

But why? Poseidon's fine.

7. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I’ve never ridden it, but a lot of people say it’s pretty rough these days, and I’d imagine Mack could probably really enhance it if they refurbished it now with their improved profiling skills and wheel assembly designs.

Journey to Atlantis was certainly quite rattly in the coaster section, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Poseidon was the same.

8. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    The coaster section is very shuffly, but it sits within the international charm line as a result. I wouldn't wish for them to spend lots of money on retracking it necessarily.

9. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

It’s really just that jolt you get at the bottom of the big sweeping drop. Retracking for that is probably a little OTT, but then again it is EP.

10. emmerse2891

I mean Eurosat was fine but they still refurbed it! (well as a ride, I know there were underlying technical issues too)

Currently I'd say Poseidon is the roughest ride at the park I wouldn't want them to change it too much, especially not the theme, but if they have success with the new gen tracks, which might manage to do manoeuvres not possible 20 years ago - they might be tempted to re-configure the layout.

I mean they might just change the boats! I think one problem Poseidon has is the wheel size of the cars!

I kind of think they might re-do Euromir next - and while I love the modern MACK spinners, Euromir is so unique and classic id would be kind of sad if they changed it!

Charlie Newbold likes this.
  11. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    There's just no need to spend money on Poseidon. It shuffles a bit but there are vastly more pressing matters at Europa-Park.

If anything, it's the queue line videos and effects that could use some modernising.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ramius, Sam and Burbs like this.
  12. CSLKenny

I'd happily see them remove Poseidon never mind retracking. The lake area is stunning but the ride dull and rough. Nice spot for a rocking boat. haha
    But strongly doubt it. Give it 10 years after the next area/coaster and NewroMir it'll probably be up for some refurbishment.

D4n likes this.
  13. emmerse2891

This response is why I think Poseidon will be up for refurbishment in the next 5-10 years, a lot fans kinda feel the same - I'm not averse to Poseidon at all personally - and LOVE the theme! maybe they'll just re-do the boats!! that might be enough to fix its shuffles!!

14. CSLKenny

The wheel assembly is the main reason for the roughness I've heard. The new generation design for Nigoland has different improved running rails for a new design seemingly. A retrack with new tracka and boats could be the solution in future when it gets worse with age.

15. emmerse2891

I definitely don't see it as a priority no, but within another decade I see something happening!

16. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I can't see EP touching Poseidon anytime soon, as has been said there is no need to do do at present. Eurosat was a very different affair, it urgently needed work doing before it ripped itself apart!

17. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

So according to Michael Mack today, the next coaster is expected in 2023.

18. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    Two new themed areas? Place your bets now, people! :p

19. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Wow! This is greatly exciting news, especially given the COVID situation!

I wonder what the coaster could be? Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if this were a new Mack model of some sort; EP often receives the prototype version of new models from Mack, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this happened again?

Maybe Mack’s take on an inverted coaster could work, as EP doesn’t have a full-size invert, and this is also something that Mack doesn’t yet offer? And in terms of country, maybe Romania, so the coaster could be themed to flying vampire bats or something?

I don’t really know, I’m just completely speculating here!

20. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    I still think they'll look to Eastern Europe for their next areas. Romania, Poland and Turkey are three countries that I think of as likely contenders, though it wouldn't surprise me too much if they look towards the Balkan region as well.